Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 04:50 AM
Aviak

Default IP Excemption queued - can we play meanwhile?

Title says it all.

I've got an IP Excemption request running in the petition queue for just over 2 months now, and looking at the GM situation, my daughter is still asking me every other day how long we have to wait, and I don't want to bump the petition and delay it further.

Am I allowed to let her play the game with me while we wait for this to get resolved, or would that result in an insta-ban?
Old 04-06-2019, 06:32 AM
Kobold

Tether her to a phone wifi. youll use about 1mb an hour if i remember correctly. This game was built to run on 56k. Just keep her off any ip you use until it goes through because once they get around to it they will be up your ass and likely ban you when they have time/resources. GMs are currently..busy. I don't see them taking any action on exemptions unless one decides to do a dump and clears all of the back logged ones at once.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:40 AM
Aviak

Not really an option, she'll be using my wife's desktop, both are wired.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:53 AM
Former Guide

Do not play together until exemption is approved, and do not bump. Much more staff have been trained in and are chipping away at the queue more and more each day.

Thanks for your patience!
Old 04-06-2019, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

RIP Braknar banhammer
Old 04-06-2019, 12:00 PM
Aviak

Offtopic, but I've got a char on WoW named Sunderfury :P
Old 04-06-2019, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

I mean honestly if my choice was to wait 4 months for people to maybe get around to doing it or just use a vpn or whatever and play with my wife in the mean time im not sure what i would do. I would probably just choose another server lol
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Just practice running figure 9's together and chatting at the same time
Old 04-06-2019, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Get a VPN. They're cheap ($5-$10 per month) and there is absolutely nothing in the rules (I've read the many copies of them) about using a VPN to let two humans play at once. It's only a rules violation if you use it to two-box.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:43 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get a VPN. They're cheap ($5-$10 per month) and there is absolutely nothing in the rules (I've read the many copies of them) about using a VPN to let two humans play at once. It's only a rules violation if you use it to two-box.
Isn't that going against the purpose of the IP Excemption though? I mean, the whole point - if I understand correctly, is to prevent multiple accounts from the same location.

I could argue similarly, that running from the same IP is only a violation if I'm two-boxing and not when my kid or wife are playing next to me, which begs the question:

If VPN connections "solve" the IP restrictions, then why have the IP restrictions at all?
Wouldn't it then be more reasonable to check for MAC addresses only?
Closed Thread