Yea my turkey is marinating , sorry you got banned seek help
Old 11-24-2020, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Tonight's steak turned out a little better, I think

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6PkDHuaXi8
Old 11-24-2020, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

GinnasP99 having a steak and reading some Dragons of Autumn Twilight. This guy knows whats up. +1
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-24-2020, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

Shirak!
Old 11-26-2020, 03:39 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disgusting. A cut like a NY strip is not going to taste good "mooing in the middle" or with no seasonings other than salt and pepper. In order for steak to cook properly the fat has to be rendered throughout; the taste of raw fat is abominable and fat is present in the muscle belly of the cow's longissimus dorsi (strip steak). I'm not sure if you're buying such thick cuts because you're poor or what but look into a tri-tip instead, it's a more flavorful cut-- its lower fat content responds better to botched cooking jobs.
Opinions: strip is delicious even served raw, all beef cuts taste good with just salt and pepper if prepared properly, cold and hot fat taste the same except cold is milder.

Non opinions: Fat don't cook it just turns liquid. You use it to distribute flavor, heat, and moisture to shit you're cooking. Strip and tri tip are both prepared hot and fast so botching one is botching both. Tri tip is more flavorful because it has MORE FAT. Strip has less marbling than tri tip. You're not supposed to eat all the big ass fat strips and connective tissue garbage.... is that why you think it's more fatty? If we're attacking people's wallets tri tip is known as the poor man's ribeye.

This post is a train wreck.
Old 11-26-2020, 06:39 AM
Banned

idk all this lingo about steaks. i just eat em when my husband cooks em. he makes the best.
Old 11-26-2020, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Opinions: strip is delicious even served raw, all beef cuts taste good with just salt and pepper if prepared properly, cold and hot fat taste the same except cold is milder.

Non opinions: Fat don't cook it just turns liquid. You use it to distribute flavor, heat, and moisture to shit you're cooking. Strip and tri tip are both prepared hot and fast so botching one is botching both. Tri tip is more flavorful because it has MORE FAT. Strip has less marbling than tri tip. You're not supposed to eat all the big ass fat strips and connective tissue garbage.... is that why you think it's more fatty? If we're attacking people's wallets tri tip is known as the poor man's ribeye.

This post is a train wreck.
Tritip has more fat content on account of the larger fat cap typically left attached to the cut, but I don't know what kind of tritips you've been eating that have more marbling than a new york strip; as a more active and functional postural muscle, the tensor fascia lata has lower muscle belly fat intrusion than the latissimus dorsi.

You're just patently wrong about fat not cooking. I feel like I constantly have to educate all the stupid fucking false, voodoo primitive bullshit on this board all the time. Read here about some of the chemical reactions that occur when fat is cooked. Note that this particular article was written to inform the perspective of deep fat frying but most of the fat chemical reactions are the same with grilling. Fat is oxidized, polymerized, and hydrolyzed. Not only does it melt, but chars and actively changes to a composition that is more palatable to human beings. It becomes less pasty and the flavor profile changes as volatile compounds are released. Why do you think humans have been cooking animals over a fire for about as long as humans have been around? Yea, go eat raw hamburger and tell me how that fat tastes.
Old 11-26-2020, 05:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tritip has more fat content on account of the larger fat cap typically left attached to the cut, but I don't know what kind of tritips you've been eating that have more marbling than a new york strip; as a more active and functional postural muscle, the tensor fascia lata has lower muscle belly fat intrusion than the latissimus dorsi.

You're just patently wrong about fat not cooking. I feel like I constantly have to educate all the stupid fucking false, voodoo primitive bullshit on this board all the time. Read here about some of the chemical reactions that occur when fat is cooked. Note that this particular article was written to inform the perspective of deep fat frying but most of the fat chemical reactions are the same with grilling. Fat is oxidized, polymerized, and hydrolyzed. Not only does it melt, but chars and actively changes to a composition that is more palatable to human beings. It becomes less pasty and the flavor profile changes as volatile compounds are released. Why do you think humans have been cooking animals over a fire for about as long as humans have been around? Yea, go eat raw hamburger and tell me how that fat tastes.
You sure do love Meat
Old 11-26-2020, 06:15 PM
Banned

Lune fancies himself as an informative fellow. The truth is he's just a lost sad puppy who doesn't know why he's sad.

Hint: It's because he worships the gods of rationality and science.
Old 11-26-2020, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Lune posts are filled with knowledge and hatred, which makes them fun. I don't eat red meat, so cooking a steak properly (well-done) isn't infomation I need or want, and I still read Lune's post on steak shapes and why you're an idiot for not cooking your tri tri fillets right.
Last edited by Cecily; 11-26-2020 at 06:29 PM..
Closed Thread