Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 04:20 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Help me with my agroo, please

Hi there! 8 enchanter here
(for the record, i played Eq from almost the beginning, had a high level enchanter and other clases)
Yesterday i had a lot of fun with a group in EC, in a orc camp.

But the following was happening to me:

1- The warrior pulls, and all the group starts to fight the mob.
I am there still, doing nothing, and when the mob is a 15% more or less, i stand up and launch a single nuke.
An then, every single time, ALWAYS, in every ocassion, the mob goes after me.
Not matter if there was a wizard nuking him, or all the people doing their...things..
I do nothing and when i cast my nuke, the mob always come to me.

2- If i use a mez, 90% of times it will be impossible for the rest of the team to get the agroo off of me. The mob stays with me till he dies, or i die.

3- This i swear is true, all the members of the group saw it:
If i do nothing... and when the mob is around 20% i just stand up and melee him with my crappy knife... the mobs turns to me! Im full hps like others... the same distance to the mob more or less than others... But the mob turns to me.
With this, it is true than i lose the agroo easily, but why the mob turns on me?

Please, anyone can explain me?
Thank you, and sorry about my poor english, im learning this beautiful language :P
Last edited by tukor; 11-01-2019 at 04:23 AM..
Old 11-01-2019, 04:39 AM
Planar Protector

1. Enchanter nukes are both a nuke and a stun. You will suffer the aggro for both! And if I'm not mistaken, the stun is even more aggro than the nuke!

2. If you mez a mob, consider also rooting it. Then when other people break the mez, the mob will sit there and allow them to build aggro on it. Later, you get memory blur (perhaps someone can name the right spell), which would be an even better way to reduce your aggro status.

3. Was the mob rooted? If a mob is rooted, it will attack whoever is closest (that is also on the aggro list). If you stepped all the way in so you were closest and took a swing, the mob would instantly turn to you.
Another possibility: being out of melee range decreases aggro a tiny bit. Sometimes it's enough. Maybe you already had a lot of aggro, but were out of melee range; then when you stepped in, the mob remembered all those nasty spells you had cast on it.
If neither of those things was the case, I don't know why this would be.

I find you quite understandable. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I hope this all helps.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:51 AM
Planar Protector

Root is how you CC mobs ready for tanking. They'll attack whoever stands closest.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:36 AM
Aviak

Chaotic Feedback has a 0.0 second duration stun. This makes it a huge taunt. Like, this is the mechanic Paladins will eventually use to obtain snap aggro. Yes, every time you use this spell, it will aggro the mob onto you. Every. Time. The only way around this, really, is to have the mob rooted (or feared, I suppose); and even then you will be at the top of its hate list if either of those effects break. Essentially, you can't use Chaotic Feedback on a "loose" mob without gaining aggro from it.

However this can be used to your advantage. For example the other night I was in unrest, my group doing yard garbage... and we kept drifting out further and further from our save spot. So what I would do is hit the current mob with Feedback, pull it back to our safe spot, then mez; effectively resetting our positioning and keeping us safe from random aggro (well, safer, it's still Unrest yard trash after all)

As for Mez, there's several things that can be done!

If anyone has Taunt (and so far most of my tanks have been pets, shamans, and monks...) then they're going to want to hit that button a few times while the mob is still mezzed; this is just because we don't get messages as to whether a taunt usage worked, so you ant to spam it a bit just in case. A successful taunt will put them over you on the aggro list. And then they and the other damage need to beat on it for a moment before you do anything further to it like tash, slow, or whatever.

Other spellcasters can also pull aggro while a mob is mezzed; nondamaging stuns are the best at this, as already mentioned, but other good options are the Chanter Tash line, and the Shaman drowsy line. In addition to their baseline debuffs, these spells also create a number of poison and disease counters (respectively) on the mob they hit. These counters exist entirely to be removed with cure spells, but they also generate aggro separate from the spell effect. (speaking of, later in your career you will want to make sure the tank has established aggro on a critter before throwing Tash / Slow on it, for just this reason.)

And of course, best method is to taunt+debuff+damage it; this is why Shadowknights make great off tanks, and why rangers die so much, because they're both great at creating rapid aggro priority.

And the easiest method is, of course, just to mez and then root a mob.

If the mob is rooted, it will hit the nearest entity on its aggro list. And like Videri said, there is a bit of proximity factor to a mob's aggro list; this is probably only relevant if you are sharing aggro priority with the tank though.

All in all, your best bet is to save the Chaotic Feedback for when the mob is running away, root your mez targets, and just... don't melee, dude, it really doesn't contribute.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:03 AM
Planar Protector

Easy solution... Group with a level 9sk...
Old 11-01-2019, 06:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Root is how you CC mobs ready for tanking. They'll attack whoever stands closest.
This.

It also sounds funny, but it really helps if you do the pulling as the enchanter. The initial action to generate aggro on an NPC has a cap. So pulling with tash or slow is a great way to get an important spell cast right away without generating a ton of aggro, and if it's tash it will help make sure you can get your root to stick to keep you safe when it comes into your camp.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:27 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yep its the stuns. My cleric stun does the same thing. Not even worth using really for me
Old 11-01-2019, 10:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi there! 8 enchanter here
(for the record, i played Eq from almost the beginning, had a high level enchanter and other clases)
Yesterday i had a lot of fun with a group in EC, in a orc camp.

But the following was happening to me:

1- The warrior pulls, and all the group starts to fight the mob.
I am there still, doing nothing, and when the mob is a 15% more or less, i stand up and launch a single nuke.
An then, every single time, ALWAYS, in every ocassion, the mob goes after me.
Not matter if there was a wizard nuking him, or all the people doing their...things..
I do nothing and when i cast my nuke, the mob always come to me.

2- If i use a mez, 90% of times it will be impossible for the rest of the team to get the agroo off of me. The mob stays with me till he dies, or i die.

3- This i swear is true, all the members of the group saw it:
If i do nothing... and when the mob is around 20% i just stand up and melee him with my crappy knife... the mobs turns to me! Im full hps like others... the same distance to the mob more or less than others... But the mob turns to me.
With this, it is true than i lose the agroo easily, but why the mob turns on me?

Please, anyone can explain me?
Thank you, and sorry about my poor english, im learning this beautiful language :P
Lol Z is that you from Orc2 last night?
Old 11-01-2019, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or all the people doing their...things..
Please be aware that Taunt is shit. This is why SK can grab aggro way better than a Warrior until late in the game, when the Warrior damage output and procs keep aggro better. Until then, you need to root the MT target and park any adds with mez or root. Then the MT will move to the next guy, keeping himself closest so he takes the aggro, while the casters keep it rooted and the rest parked and ready for processing.

Until you get your aggro issues under control, remember your primary role is cc. Root and mez and root and mez. If you can help out with DPS, that's cool too.
Old 11-01-2019, 02:36 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Lol Z is that you from Orc2 last night?
Lol yes! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

thanks all for the information above.

Yes, i know about the agroo thing when they are rooted; they attack the one who stands closest.

Mobs yesterday where not rooted, they just hated me so much.
(if they would be rooted, it would not be a problem, as i just would have to step back and done).

You all are right, i need my mem blur spell asap (i cant rmember the level right now).

Anyway, today i came back to the camp, and grouped with the same tank..... but im 2 more levels.
And the difference has been brutal. Yesterday they were mostly yellow for me, today white (and some of them blue).
Today all worked well, of course the nuke is getting tons of agroo (as you said, it has a stun component), but its much more manegeable.

So in retrospective, the main thing here is the level of the enchanter i think. There is a lot of difference taking into account my level, the level of the tank and comps, and the level of the mobs.

Thank you all so much for all the kindly comments and help, all of the info is really interesting.
Closed Thread