Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 03:29 PM
Banned

you can camp 2 until someone claims the other 1
Old 09-10-2020, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

It is more valuable to let it be a single camp, imho. Yes, it is within server rules to claim one of the spawns, but it is kind of a waste to split up the spawns. It effectively turns a great camp into a questionable one.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:44 PM
Fire Giant

It's best to notify us (forum questers) of who is taking both camps, and we'll go ahead and hold trial.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:10 PM
Sarnak

2 Treants in SK = one camp
4 Spectres around the spire in Oasis = one camp

Everyone knows this, just azzhats that cant wait their turn rocking the boat.
Old 09-13-2020, 07:57 PM
Large Rat

What NPC said. I've spent many levels there on several characters, and it's always been considered one camp. Never even heard of anyone trying to break it up.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khikik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a difference between player recognized camps and Staff recognized camp's. Staff knows many of the player defined camps that don't fit fully within our rules are readily honored by most players. 9/10 Its best to discuss with other players and come to compromise when hunting in the same area.

Tldr; two camps, 1 for each static spawn point (open outdoor zone)
I though I responded, but I see I didn't. Coming from server guide, this should seal it. Interesting how split opinion is on this one. Most I have seen do share, when second player arrives. I was curious if there was set rule for this one.

And thanks for the answer. Same to all other who answered! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-14-2020, 09:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's best to notify us (forum questers) of who is taking both camps, and we'll go ahead and hold trial.
LOL! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-26-2020, 07:56 PM
Sarnak

Both treants are definitely 1 camp. It's always been that way
Old 09-26-2020, 11:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is more valuable to let it be a single camp, imho. Yes, it is within server rules to claim one of the spawns, but it is kind of a waste to split up the spawns. It effectively turns a great camp into a questionable one.
Exactly.

While one can technically claim the overarching outdoor rule of one spawn point per player (as a GM just confirmed HELLO), any camp gets worse and worse the more it's split up. Is it worth camping a single treant spawn? I don't know, I never kill trees. Is it worth camping a single spectre in Oasis? It certainly seems to be worth it in the Feerrott. We'd all rather spend 1 hour camping 4 spectres than 2 hours camping 2 spectres. This, combined with respect for other players' time, is why most players will not invoke the outdoor 1-per-player rule. Most people will instead wait in line and let someone else camp both trees or all 4 specs or whatever, then take their turn and hope to be allowed to do the same by the courtesy of other players.

This is a cool environment for us to create, where it's about courtesy and respect. However, we must recognize not all players will abide by these customs since the actual rule is one spawn point per player outdoors. So, don't get upset. Just try to be courteous.
Last edited by Videri; 09-27-2020 at 12:00 AM..
Old 09-27-2020, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

The two tree ents in north east South Karana are a single camp because you can sit in range of both spawns and there are no corners or geometry/building separating them.
So long as a player can keep both spawns down within a reasonable amount of time after the pop. Meaning they can't let one sit up while they med or go grab a drink.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread