Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 02:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I petitioned someone called Turdberglerr yesterday.

Really hoping GMs dedicated mroe time to the CLEANSING
Descriptive compound words are allowed in first names and are encouraged in surnames (e.g. Treehugger, Giantslayer

Seems like a reasonable name to me. Especially if he is a rogue.

Now names like Filbus are highly questionable:

Names that contain sentences (Ikillorcs), phrases (Ontop), or two or more words that do not form descriptive compound words (Petcarbob, Diediedie and Tablechair).

Fill spelled wrong. Bus spelled properly.

Fill bus violates rules. The word bus violates the rules as a bus does not exist in this game.

- Common words and phrases that would not be found in the time, place and setting of EverQuest (e.g. Switchblade, Phaser, Toaster, Cannabis).

GM's... Please fix as my immersion is ruined.
Last edited by brandonb1029; 03-01-2018 at 02:56 PM..
Old 03-01-2018, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

brandon that's reaching...
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Petitioned a few days back to fix my Enchanter's name because they changed it to Piae. Gdi.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonb1029 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Descriptive compound words are allowed in first names and are encouraged in surnames (e.g. Treehugger, Giantslayer

Seems like a reasonable name to me. Especially if he is a rogue.

Now names like Filbus are highly questionable:

Names that contain sentences (Ikillorcs), phrases (Ontop), or two or more words that do not form descriptive compound words (Petcarbob, Diediedie and Tablechair).

Fill spelled wrong. Bus spelled properly.

Fill bus violates rules. The word bus violates the rules as a bus does not exist in this game.

- Common words and phrases that would not be found in the time, place and setting of EverQuest (e.g. Switchblade, Phaser, Toaster, Cannabis).

GM's... Please fix as my immersion is ruined.
2/10 F+ for effort
Old 03-01-2018, 03:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No, I believe someone dedicating as much time as he has reporting names, should be sure his name meets policy.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

I wish this thread was in the RnF section now. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2/10 F+ for effort
Policy is policy. I don't write the rules, just believe the biggest advocators should be held to the same standards they are trying to enforce.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:58 PM
Banned

i don't quite understand how Filbus violates naming policies. Please continue to explain the injustice!
Old 03-01-2018, 04:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
i don't quite understand how Filbus violates naming policies. Please continue to explain the injustice!

Bus does not exist in Eq nor it's setting or time frame. Now maybe I could approve filport or fillocator but Filbus.. no.

The combination of the words fill and bus put together do not form descriptive compound words. You took a word removed an L (clearly states misspelled words to bypass policy won't work... clearly that produces the fill noise). Is that a full bus or are you telling us to fill the bus... Nobody knows.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:14 PM
Banned

sorry I still don't understand but i want to make sure to petition myself

just please explain how Fil has any correlation to the word "fill" other than in your own head?

it seems like you're really grasping at straws trying to troll but on the off chance you aren't please explain a little more

and finally how do you know that the 'bus' in filbus is related at all to the vehicular automobiles as opposed to just being the second syllable of the name?

i feel like I almost understand, help me out
Closed Thread