Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 01:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Problem is that these "player-made rules" are enforced with the hammer of GMs.
Oh really? Do you have a reference for that?

If this is indeed true, one would think they'd be listed in the rules and regulation section of this forum, one section I am familiar with and have read, not buried in the Guild Recruitment forum, a forum I've only ever stopped in to update my own personal guild's recruitment post.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Sarnak

me personally thinks the Gm's have too many fingers up there ass's to be able to properly Play there Role as Game masters and make some actual worth while changes to fix the state of this snowballing server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
lal yellow finally with a worthwhile zing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinamur1999

Did this need to be brought to the forums? no probably not, but now I know that faline is super dramatastic and that yellow is STILL the fuckin man
Old 07-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
me personally thinks the Gm's have too many fingers up there ass's to be able to properly Play there Role as Game masters and make some actual worth while changes to fix the state of this snowballing server.
GM's don't make changes/fixes to the server. Nor is Bumamgar a GM for that matter.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumamgar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please provide a reference for this and clarify if this is a GM rule or a player rule.

Thank you!
Please read the guild discussion forums for the server you develop.

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2010, 02:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toony [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GM's don't make changes/fixes to the server. Nor is Bumamgar a GM for that matter.
Developers make changes to the servers, and as the Patch notes read on the front Page, Bumamgar Is a developer and seems to be one who makes changes (per front page patch notes), and also happens to be a leader of the "new raid guild".

seems like something is wrong with that...

PS, i am not trolling.. just an honest player wishing more people would play honestly.

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 07-26-2010, 02:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebandit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Developers make changes to the servers, and as the Patch notes read on the front Page, Bumamgar Is a developer and seems to be one who makes changes (per front page patch notes), and also happens to be a leader of the "new raid guild".

PS, i am not trolling.. just an honest player wishing more people would play honestly.
Serious question, do you know the difference between a GM and a developer?
Old 07-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That is me kicing the devs ass in a WAR!
Here's you, hotlinking images off of 4chan.org~
Old 07-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That is me kicing the devs ass in a WAR!
sorry about your crippling retardation
Old 07-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebandit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ignoring for a second your implication that someone isn't playing honestly....

I have access to the Project 1999 source code. This code is derived from the Project EQEMU source code that anyone can download from Google code. The p1999 source code is similar, but modified to implement classic features that are missing from the public EQEMU code base.

I do *not* have access to the Project 1999 database. The database contains the "data" that makes up project 1999 as a unique server. It houses character info, spawn info, timers, etc.

The code, without a database, is an empty world (in fact, for testing purposes, I use a public copy of the PEQ database when coding).

So yes, I can do things like adjust hybrid XP penalties, but I can't see when Naggy will spawn. I also have no GM powers in game, on any account. I cannot ban people, I cannot see the petition queue, I cannot do anything in-game any different than anyone else.

If you look through the patch notes, my contributions to this server have almost exclusively been to make things harder for everyone. Nerfing XP, reducing non-cleric heals by 10%, etc. These changes affect everyone, including me. They do not give myself or my guild any advantage over anyone else.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumamgar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ignoring for a second your implication that someone isn't playing honestly....

I have access to the Project 1999 source code. This code is derived from the Project EQEMU source code that anyone can download from Google code. The p1999 source code is similar, but modified to implement classic features that are missing from the public EQEMU code base.

I do *not* have access to the Project 1999 database. The database contains the "data" that makes up project 1999 as a unique server. It houses character info, spawn info, timers, etc.

The code, without a database, is an empty world (in fact, for testing purposes, I use a public copy of the PEQ database when coding).

So yes, I can do things like adjust hybrid XP penalties, but I can't see when Naggy will spawn. I also have no GM powers in game, on any account. I cannot ban people, I cannot see the petition queue, I cannot do anything in-game any different than anyone else.

If you look through the patch notes, my contributions to this server have almost exclusively been to make things harder for everyone. Nerfing XP, reducing non-cleric heals by 10%, etc. These changes affect everyone, including me. They do not give myself or my guild any advantage over anyone else.
Just to clarify, I think you're a fantastic dev and when i read patch notes with your name attached I actually appreciated them and thought they were great!

On the other hand, I think you've been a parasite to the raiding scene, which is unfortunate because many of your guild members are quite awesome people.
Closed Thread