Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

I spent several hours on at least two occasions with a level 53 east roamer as pet for duo exping in West, pretty sure it was at level 58 or 59.

We tried to get a sizeable sample to be able to draw conclusions, and the conclusions were: it's fun as hell, but the exp rate is slower than with a level 50 named pet.

If you push for the best exp rate (and at level 59 that's what people usually do), you get closer to the limits of what your team can possibly do - saving time on single pulls and just YOLO pulling 6 mobs (or 10), going for that named kill when you're only 50% mana, stuff like that.

Having such a high level pet in these conditions means that you will invariably end up CR'ing every once in a while. Even if you got HS CRs down to an artform, it still a long break in the exp flow, then you have to find/recharm the guy, rebreak all the pops, etc etc.

If you want the best exp in HS - get a level 50 pet and pimp him with the best proccing weapons you can afford to lose.

Also I wouldn't recommend going in HS as low as 50 or 51. You will probably ding 60 in HS. 10 levels is a lot of time to spend in one place. I would try some areas out of the beaten path places for a few levels, hell - why not even grouping with some noobs in KC for a level? It's an EQ classic after all and sometimes it can be refreshing to speak to people who aren't deeply hopeless EQ nerds. And then go to HS at 54 or 53.

Guk is still ok at 51, Sol B is as well.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:28 PM
Aviak

I generally only run one stun, using other options as backup plans for inopportune times (e.g. wand of allure etc). However this is more viable at 58+ when you have Fetter; before Fetter the longer casting time on earlier roots makes it more desirable to have fast-casting oh-shit buttons.

I don't generally run AOE mez except in a swap slot when initially breaking larger pulls.
Last edited by Aaeriele; 09-26-2018 at 08:30 PM..
Old 09-27-2018, 04:53 AM
Kobold

My current setup at 52 is swap/swap/mez/root/stun/stun/aoe mez/tot. 2 is most of the time charm and 1 is tash/nuke/buffs. Think it’s pretty solid so far, would be nice to have wandering mind up but will need experimenting in what to remove (if worth it at all).

Regarding stun, do you keep the lvl 4 memed? I always have color shift and skew but maybe it’s better with flux and skew to be able to get off a stun quicker?
Old 09-27-2018, 05:35 AM
Kobold

1) fetter
2) dazzle (root in when no stunnable mobs, e.g. Giants)
3) color slant
4) charm
8) Tash

5/6/7 depends
other mez (lvl4, dictate, low resist), aoe mez, both runes, ToT, Mana Sieve, Boon of the Garou, stuns, calm, blanket, buff swap ins...

Vallon Zek (1999-2003) <Boten der Apokalypse, House T'Sai, Innoruuk's Legion, Orden des Lichts, Ancient Orden, Ancient Dawn>
[65 Barb SHM] Stear | [54 DE CLR] Palanthas
Last edited by Tortok; 09-27-2018 at 05:37 AM..
Old 10-02-2018, 12:11 AM
Sarnak

I feel like I'm pretty set in my ways but I usually use something like

1) lv4 mez
2) AoE mez
3) Tash - swap slot - buffs and such
4) Root
5) Slow - swap slot - mosty lull
6)ToT
7)Aoe stun
8)Allure

Looking at it, it really looks like its a mess but we make it work pretty well lol
This is mostly what I've been using for soloing in HS
Closed Thread