Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordbear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thx a lot for the replies guys! I did 49 and 50 at HHK nobles in like 4 hours but I'm not sure that I can stand staring at that green wall for much longer..

Think I will go check out HS entrance if you think thats doable at 51 and maybe resort to CoM/HHK for a lvl or two if HS is too hard for some reason.

Do you guys have any tips regarding HS, like the best way to zone in, where I can sit and med by entrance and basement? I think Tecmos mentioned that you can sit on the top third north(?) stairs by entrance but I might be mistaken.

@Tecmos I watched most of your videos 2 or 3 times already, really enjoyed them and found them very educational, so thx for that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I zone into HS with bedlam+rune up, and while IVU (so you need to calm or kill or mez the scorpion sitting on the orb). That way, if there's 2 undead up, the most dangerous combo at the entrance because of two harmtouches, you don't get bothered at all. If you just move north immediately after zoning in, a lot of the time you won't even get aggrod if stuff is spawned and can see IVU.

You can't sit anywhere in the entrance area I don't think, without aggro, especially if you're not 60. They changed pathing up a bit. But with improved invis and knowing spawn timers, you can sit up near the golem spawn points pretty safely barring a train or something. Basement has a pretty safe spot too, where you'll see people sitting or corpses collected.

51 is certainly fine for the entrance, and basement too although be a bit more careful because the casters can be a pain compared to the golems. They're only like level 43-44ish, so you'll hardly see any resists at 51 after tash. I like to pull them with AOE mez cause they'll basically never resist even without tash, then tash and charm and root, use lower-level slow (languid pace is it?) to try to keep them even on HP so you can finish them both off with 1 cheap nuke at the end. Mind the east pather [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 09-22-2018 at 09:56 AM..
Old 09-22-2018, 11:21 AM
Banned

You'll learn a lot soloing in HS. Tecmos pretty much summed it up.

Entrance for sure til comfy. When it feels stupid-easy, drop down. Once basement is mastered, head North (at 54).

Nice thing about HS is you'll have some opportunities to change things up and tag along w/ groups that are without an enchanter. Kinda acts as a way to give yourself a break from the tough soloing while still making the xp bar move.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:36 PM
Kobold

Thx for the replies guys! I did try HS for a bit yesterday and it sure feels doable at 51. Yesterday I was on a laptop with no mouse so it got a bit hairy though, hopefully it will be a bit easier on a regular PC.

Is it two roamers by the entrance and one on the east ledge? Yesterday there were two skellies there (both of them reminded me that harm touch is a thing) but I didn’t stay a around for that long to see them respawn.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:44 PM
Aviak

Yeah there's two mobs that circle around the entrance area.

Stay away from the East side - nothing good comes from hanging out over there. If the East roamer aggros on you, it will almost always result in a train from the rest of east (which you may not immediately know is coming - it takes a LONG time to path all the way through east and south before it just shows up later and wipes you).

If you aggro the east roamer, even if it seems like it initially shows up solo, mez it ASAP and then camp and wait a few minutes for your mez to wear off so that any and all aggro can reset. That's the only guaranteed way to avoid a sudden death later.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:09 PM
Fire Giant

Also be aware that if you have a charmed pet standing on the east half of the platform, at level 51, your pet will aggro the east roamer once it roams out.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:28 PM
Aviak

Yeah. Basically if you're hanging around at entrance, just stay the heck away from east.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeriele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah. Basically if you're hanging around at entrance, just stay the heck away from east.
Or charm it like a child of chaos and kill all of basement in one swoop !
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-24-2018, 07:46 AM
Banned

K its time for a Howling Stones xp guild.

<Stay Away from East>
Old 09-24-2018, 07:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or charm it like a child of chaos and kill all of basement in one swoop !
At what level should one consider charming this(Hexbone, i believe)? closer to 58+?
Old 09-24-2018, 08:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beinen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At what level should one consider charming this(Hexbone, i believe)? closer to 58+?
Pretty sure charming that bad boy is purely a fun game. It doesn’t make much sense to charm it if you are doing anything at the ent/basement because suddenly you’ve added a summoning mob to whatever you’re killing. It will wreck ent and basement but will up the order of magnitude significantly. But it is bossy to destroy the basement with a single pet
Closed Thread