Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just curious if in theory you slowed yourself if the OT hammer would have a more likely chance to proc per swing.
Yes
Old 08-17-2018, 10:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fixed that for you. Weapons fire at a fixed rated depending on your dexterity. Whether you hit/miss/double/single attack is irrelevant.
Except I wasn't talking about low skill and how it relates to proc rate, because low skill has nothing to do with proc rate. Your "fix" for my post makes no sense.
Last edited by Bummey; 08-17-2018 at 10:28 PM..
Old 08-17-2018, 11:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just curious if in theory you slowed yourself if the OT hammer would have a more likely chance to proc per swing.
Yes this is correct
Old 08-18-2018, 02:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Aren't some weapons more likely to proc per swing based on slow delay? e.g.: An Earthshaker at 70 delay is almost twice as likely to proc as a ToD at 44?

I completely agree with the rest. Just curious if in theory you slowed yourself if the OT hammer would have a more likely chance to proc per swing.

You're more likely to get it on the first swing sure, but it doesn't change the proc rate over time.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-18-2018, 02:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except I wasn't talking about low skill and how it relates to proc rate, because low skill has nothing to do with proc rate. Your "fix" for my post makes no sense.
Ah shit, you're right. I totally read your post wrong.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-25-2018, 09:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was looking through the wiki at 2hb weapons for warriors and it doesn't really seem like there are a ton of good options. Staff of battle was way up there, but even that isn't as good as duel wield or 2hs weapons after level 40. Am I missing something here? Is it just a nice thing to do or is there a practical reason I'd want to spend the time leveling this?
Listen to all these people they're smarter than a Halfling. On the other hand the first time I played with a level 20 Ranger using that stupid staff that was better than any 2HB a warrior will ever get on P99 I sold my Staff of Battle and never looked back. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2018, 07:15 AM
Kobold

They are normalized for proc per minute. So the faster you swing the lower your proc chance is but the more chances you get to proc and vice versa. On shaman e.g. you can slow yourself to avoid killing half a newby zone because of bad luck with rng.

Vallon Zek (1999-2003) <Boten der Apokalypse, House T'Sai, Innoruuk's Legion, Orden des Lichts, Ancient Orden, Ancient Dawn>
[65 Barb SHM] Stear | [54 DE CLR] Palanthas
Old 09-22-2018, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by definitely not Draconite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Truncheon of DOOM is a must have item for a warrior. MUST have. Reducing damage by 50% and then popping disc for 35% reduction of the remaining damage (17.5% effecting reduced damage) basically makes any slowable merb trivial.
The skill is worth Skilling for this weapon alone and honestly I dont consider it to be a horrible tanking weapon. Pre epics there was definitely times where I used this hammer to MT for a group. 2handed aggro can be legit if your group is being considerate
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Closed Thread