Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 10:00 PM
Fire Giant

Default Tainted Avalance Ale.

Am I reading this correctly that a skill of 241 on a trival 248 item, tainted avalance ale.

I already have the best possible chance of 95% and can't get any better odds even if I max out my tradeskill to 248?

https://wiki.project1999.com/TradeskillTable
Last edited by Tobius; 05-02-2020 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: missing link
Old 05-03-2020, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am I reading this correctly that a skill of 241 on a trival 248 item, tainted avalance ale.

I already have the best possible chance of 95% and can't get any better odds even if I max out my tradeskill to 248?

https://wiki.project1999.com/TradeskillTable
Yes there is a 5% chance to fail when something is trivial. That's the lowest fail rate you can get that I know of.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:56 AM
Fire Giant

Right but it's not trivial to me, I'm 8 skill points below, a trivial combine is when you are the same or greater skill no?

However the table implies I'm ok. And I want confirmation.
Old 05-03-2020, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Yes, also on low trivial items you need a quite higher skill to get to 95%, you need a skill of 60+ to get 95% on a 35 trivial item if memory serve...
Old 05-03-2020, 03:19 PM
Fire Giant

So sorry to be dense but I need to be absolutly sure.

Is the chart wrong/Is there any benefit to me maxing out the skill.
Old 05-03-2020, 04:31 PM
Sarnak

The chart is correct. There is no benefit to raising the skill higher than this, which is why I stopped at 230 brewing for providing Tainted Avalanche Ale combines to my guild members.

The % chance of success in a combine is given by:

Player Skill - Trivial Level * 0.75 + 51.5. Round down.
So, for a 248 Trivial Combine, we have:
X - [248 * 0.75] + 51.5 = 95
X - 186 + 51.5 = 95
X = 229.5 = 230

There are two exceptions to this. If your skill is at or over trivial, your chance of success is given by:
95 + [Player Skill - Trivial Level]/40, round down.

If your skill is so low that you have less than a 5% chance to make something, you have a 5% chance to make it.

Source: Read eqemu's source code. Behavior matches what I've observed leveling up a bunch of trade skills, though I haven't done any statistical tests; it is really obvious that the success rate snaps to ~95% on trivialing something at low levels however, because there is a notable gap in success rate at trivial - 1 and trivial that disappears for high triv items.

I've done enough brewing and other combines to feel comfortable that this code is -probably- unchanged here, but again I haven't done statistical tests. I've done enough Sealed Poison Vial fires (trivial 17) to feel comfortable asserting the skill increase over trivial is likely true (I have failed the fire when my skill was low, so its not no-fail. But I also fired 200 sealed poison vials with no failures, which is very unlikely at a 95% success rate).

There's also an off-by-one error in Eqemu's code that increases all of these by 1%, no idea if Rogean's fixed that or not, and am not interested in doing the amount of combines necessary to statistically differentiate between a 4% and 5% failure rate on a trivial combine to a reasonable confidence level.
Old 05-04-2020, 12:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The chart is correct. There is no benefit to raising the skill higher than this, which is why I stopped at 230 brewing for providing Tainted Avalanche Ale combines to my guild members.

The % chance of success in a combine is given by:

Player Skill - Trivial Level * 0.75 + 51.5. Round down.
So, for a 248 Trivial Combine, we have:
X - [248 * 0.75] + 51.5 = 95
X - 186 + 51.5 = 95
X = 229.5 = 230

There are two exceptions to this. If your skill is at or over trivial, your chance of success is given by:
95 + [Player Skill - Trivial Level]/40, round down.

If your skill is so low that you have less than a 5% chance to make something, you have a 5% chance to make it.

Source: Read eqemu's source code. Behavior matches what I've observed leveling up a bunch of trade skills, though I haven't done any statistical tests; it is really obvious that the success rate snaps to ~95% on trivialing something at low levels however, because there is a notable gap in success rate at trivial - 1 and trivial that disappears for high triv items.

I've done enough brewing and other combines to feel comfortable that this code is -probably- unchanged here, but again I haven't done statistical tests. I've done enough Sealed Poison Vial fires (trivial 17) to feel comfortable asserting the skill increase over trivial is likely true (I have failed the fire when my skill was low, so its not no-fail. But I also fired 200 sealed poison vials with no failures, which is very unlikely at a 95% success rate).

There's also an off-by-one error in Eqemu's code that increases all of these by 1%, no idea if Rogean's fixed that or not, and am not interested in doing the amount of combines necessary to statistically differentiate between a 4% and 5% failure rate on a trivial combine to a reasonable confidence level.
Thanks man that's what I wanted to know just got to find the guy who said he'd hook me up a sea shell now.
Closed Thread