Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 08-02-2022, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're saying that nacy, on her own, without anyone's consent, is postruing to CHINA even though that's officially not our stance?
Slow down, breath (and maybe use spellcheck). Do you really think Nanci freaking Pelosi, the most institutional of all institutional politicians, is singlehandedly trying to change US foreign policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why on earth would that make sense?
It wouldn't. She's 100% pushing America's stance, and whether it's explicit or not, that stance is "don't let China control that region (in particular the sea there)".

Quote:
Then why does the white house say that is not true?
Likewise, she undoubtedly discussed and planned the whole trip with the executive department, whatever they say publicly. This may come as a shock to you, but countries don't just announce their intentions on everything publicly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
THEN WHY DO YOU KEEP BUILDING MANFUACTURING PLANTS THERE?!
Because humans in the real world (unlike these forums) can handle not going to the extreme on every topic.

Do we want to thwart China's territorial ambitions? 100%, zero doubt. Do we also want cheap Chinese goods? 110%. Both things can be true at once.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-02-2022, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Do you really think Nanci freaking Pelosi, the most institutional of all institutional politicians, is singlehandedly trying to change US foreign policy?
Unless you can find me a quote from the white house that doesn't say other wise, yes.

Biden said he didnt know why she was goign on camera.

Blinken says that he doesnt know why she is going, and the military is on reccord saying they dont want her to go.

and the press has no clue why or when or what is going on either.

Yes, I very confidently can say that, unless you can show me some evidence other than your opinion otherwise.

Quote:
. She's 100% pushing America's stance
“We are clear that nothing has changed about our one China policy which is guided by Taiwan Relations Act. We do not support Taiwan’s independence,” The secretary of state said while addressing a media briefing.

Quote:
Likewise, she undoubtedly discussed and planned the whole trip with the executive department, whatever they say publicly. This may come as a shock to you, but countries don't just announce their intentions on everything publicly
White House clash with Pelosi over Taiwan spills into the open

Theres too much evidence contrary to what you believe for me to pick it out of that link, but go read it, its from a leftist source.

And you cannot just say, "The goverment does secret things, and they're all very organized and smart" as an argument as to why what they say publicly vs what they do is different! That's your own opinion.

Quote:
Do we want to thwart China's territorial ambitions? 100%, zero doubt. Do we also want cheap Chinese goods? 110%. Both things can be true at once.
All you had to say was: I dont care how many people die. I want my mangia and I want guns to protect me while I eat it!
Last edited by Jibartik; 08-02-2022 at 07:48 PM..
Old 08-02-2022, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Jib, are you seriously telling me you believe our government and politicians don't talk out of both sides of their mouth?

That seems a bit ... naive.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-02-2022, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

floppybags.jpg
Old 08-02-2022, 07:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Would pay someone 5k plat if they could tell me what the fuck her reason for going is.
Biden's poll numbers and the upcoming election. Must have the population in fear in order to control them. War is a good way to do that.
Old 08-02-2022, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jib, are you seriously telling me you believe our government and politicians don't talk out of both sides of their mouth?

That seems a bit ... naive.
No - and didn't you just say this condescendingly:

Quote:
Because humans in the real world (unlike these forums) can handle not going to the extreme on every topic.
Anyway

I think what you're suggesting their plan is, to pretend like everyone -- the secretary of state, the president, the military, the press.... that nobody knows what is going on.... to some how confuse china? Or what's the value in everyone on the worlds stage see our leaders look confused and not understand what each branch of our goverment is doing?

somehow makes us look stronger or something? Like the plan is to make the world think that we're just completely disorganized from the top down and have no idea what's going on, and will just scramble to figure it out on the fly?

That's their grand secret plan?

What may I ask you is the end goal of this plan?
Old 08-02-2022, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No - and didn't you just say this condescendingly:
I did, and I stand by it; the posters in these forums love to embrace extremes.

As for the rest, I don't know her exact motives, and I'm sure she has some agenda, but again it's not about radically altering our foreign policy toward China.

Old 08-02-2022, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

I feel that I am owed an explenation about this - this would be like if idk, matt gaetzz just setup a meeting in iran and just didnt answer questinos when people asked about it.

he could be goign there for humanitarian resons sure, but he could be goign there t build an ironman suit or something idk either way he shouldnt be allowed to just do that.
Old 08-02-2022, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

My posts about this starting here, where much better than the warmongering OPs.
Old 08-02-2022, 08:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My posts about this starting here, where much better than the warmongering OPs.
One day there will be a story like the boy who cried wolf.

But it will be about a nation that cried war.

And when they meant it, everyone thought they were bluffing.