Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-17-2022, 03:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Excellent choice.

I went Human Eyepatch Necro with my Zheart, loved every minute of it. Got lots of compliments, only a few iksar haters. Class is just stupidly powerful I never felt like I needed the extra regen.
I actually have a 40 Iksar necro I could pick up.... BUT -- I was considering rerolling. Gonna try to pick up a Z Heart anyway, to negate the need for Iksar regen. Human eyepatch, or gnomer seem cool. But starting from level 1 doesn't. Not being KoS would be awesome. I have to travel to Neriak on Iksar to bank from EC and it sucks.
Old 08-17-2022, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually have a 40 Iksar necro I could pick up.... BUT -- I was considering rerolling. Gonna try to pick up a Z Heart anyway, to negate the need for Iksar regen. Human eyepatch, or gnomer seem cool. But starting from level 1 doesn't. Not being KoS would be awesome. I have to travel to Neriak on Iksar to bank from EC and it sucks.
Both solid options, I started charming as soon as I could, pre nerf CoS is great if you can get one.
Old 08-17-2022, 04:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both solid options, I started charming as soon as I could, pre nerf CoS is great if you can get one.
I tried a bit of this in Kaesora, but was having a rough time CCing the warders after charm breaks. Screaming terror didnt seem to last long enough to stop them from healing themselves
Old 08-17-2022, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried a bit of this in Kaesora, but was having a rough time CCing the warders after charm breaks. Screaming terror didnt seem to last long enough to stop them from healing themselves
Not sure what you mean. Best to pet the warders first, and use undead nukes to finish them when you break charm at 1-2% with pre nerf cos/gob ring. Usually ward or expulse undead did the trick, keep the others rooted. Screaming terror your pet to recharm if needed.
Old 08-17-2022, 06:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Think I'm goin necro. The toolkit is wonderful. Feign death is also juicy so I can FD and just walk away for like 30+ mins
I feel like this is what you're looking for. Super powerful in zones with undead, lots in the toolkit, and useful in groups and raids if the urge ever strikes you.

Have fun!
Old 08-17-2022, 07:04 PM
Fire Giant

I have really enjoyed leveling a bard, pretty much no down time solo and great fun in a group. Have not swarmed a single time and have leveled in to high 40's.
Old 08-17-2022, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I know Necro is probably a solid choice that can solo well to 60, casually. But -- anyone else had similar experience and been spoiled by monk? What do next? Sell my melee twink gear and Roll Necro with a Zlandicar Heart? Pick a tank and stick with it? ...Retire from p99? <3
Necro all the way

You don't need a Zlandicar Heart
Old 08-18-2022, 02:07 AM
Planar Protector

You don’t have to babysit a charmed pet as an enchanter. Just kill both the mob and the pet when they get low by breaking charm. Then repeat. Tears through exp. AFK as needed because you’re not keeping a pet charmed.

Or if you want to raid get the warrior to 60 and then be a badass main tank on high tier raid content.

But yeah if your gauge is “I want something as efficient as the monk” you’re not really going to find that because you have an unrealistic amount of twinking compared to the era we’re in on P99. So nothing will really compare to the monk exp speed that you have
Old 08-20-2022, 05:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
I have to travel to Neriak on Iksar to bank from EC and it sucks.
You can bank in Freeport with the wall trick, I do it all the time. Same with Felwithe, and many other places. Anywhere you can click the banker without LoS, i.e. other side of the wall.
Old 08-22-2022, 11:38 PM
Planar Protector

Try soloing with rogue and poisons and circle strafe backstabbing. Would be a challenge.