Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-04-2022, 11:57 PM
Orc

Default Any way to avoid "interrupt, interrupt, interrupt" while I'm stationary??

Seriously. I'm having a EXTREMELY frustrating day due this interrupt. Today I decided to reach lv 29 but every place where tried to farm XP was occupied, so after a long travel to Kunark, after hours, I finally reached lv 29, I got downgraded twice to lv 28 due my spells being interrupted by no good reason. That is extremely frustrating, mainly cuz now even in Kunark my favorite places are occupied... One death more frustrating than another, I while stationary managed to land dooming darkness + boil blood in an mob and get 7 "fear interrupts" in a row.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-05-2022, 12:02 AM
Banned

you can’t run and cast spells at the same time noob
(lol)
Old 09-05-2022, 12:54 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(lol)
I know. What part that "while stationary" you din't understood?
Old 09-05-2022, 01:58 AM
Sarnak

Assuming you're trying to fear kite. When you run away from a mob trying to get some distance between you so that you can cast fear without them beating on you; it'll be important to "stop and turn" before starting to cast. If you just stop and start to cast, there's a good chance the server will not have updated your position properly and will return an interrupt. But if you stop and then turn a little it will force a position update and then you can cast without fear of interruption (based on movement, you could still fizzle).

cheers,

Astuce
Old 09-05-2022, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

• Were you being hit while attempting to cast Fear? I'm guessing no. But in case you or another reader doesn't know, each hit you take moves you a tiny bit and can contribute to interrupts.
• I was going to come here to recommend you rotate a tiny amount after stopping and before casting, but Astuce beat me to it.
• Every single thing Chortles/Snortles/Lulzsect says is not serious. You should always interpret it as a joke. You can choose to be in on it or ignore it.
Old 09-05-2022, 11:06 AM
Kobold

P99 has server lag, even though you’re stationary while casting you’re probably still casting too soon after running. Pause for a couple more seconds before casting after standing still
Old 09-05-2022, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(lol)
Actually, you can, noob. You just have to start and end at the EXACT same location. Only us pros can do it. Also... bards.

Sometimes corners work. Run around casting port to avoid getting ganked by PKs, go back to same spot and poof.
Old 09-05-2022, 11:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, you can, noob. You just have to start and end at the EXACT same location. Only us pros can do it. Also... bards.

Sometimes corners work. Run around casting port to avoid getting ganked by PKs, go back to same spot and poof.
Interesting . . . I did not know this. Still a noob after 20+ yars.
Old 09-05-2022, 01:55 PM
Banned

Red face

i forgot about shadowstep landing while running

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Chortles Snortles; 09-05-2022 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: (lol)
Old 09-05-2022, 05:27 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuce999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Assuming you're trying to fear kite. When you run away from a mob trying to get some distance between you so that you can cast fear without them beating on you; it'll be important to "stop and turn" before starting to cast. If you just stop and start to cast, there's a good chance the server will not have updated your position properly and will return an interrupt. But if you stop and then turn a little it will force a position update and then you can cast without fear of interruption (based on movement, you could still fizzle).

cheers,

Astuce
This