Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2022, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn, these shoes don't fit but I am not walking through the mud with bare feet.
I don’t get this analogy or even your first comment

I already said “what can we do?” implying that there isn’t a lot we can do. And then you suggested there isn’t a lot we can do

So thanks for the reinforcement I guess
Old 09-25-2022, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn, these shoes don't fit but I am not walking through the mud with bare feet.
You can be grateful for something and want improvements.

Those aren't mutually exclusive.

I wouldn't tell the poor Hatian who wants shoes, "But you have food"...would you?
Old 09-25-2022, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Hey guys, cant wait to fight and die in world war 3 with you all, we're all going to go fight in it together sooner or later lol
Old 09-25-2022, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

We have to make the world safe for Democracy, like England had to make it safe for the Crown. Those are the marching orders for #1. Imagine making the World safe for Mao.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's because they don't have consistent values.

The only thing that matters is power.

That's why you always hear Conservatives calling the Left "hypocrites".

Because to Conservatives, being a hypocrite is one of the worst things you could be because that means you're abandoning your values and losing sight of what you should be fighting for.

To Leftists, it doesn't matter. They don't have the need to stay true to their beliefs. Does the behavior get you more power? Then it's good.

The ends justify the means. The Left is completely comfortable living in that space. The Right isn't.

Which is why I always say it's a waste of time to call a Leftist a hypocrite.
Well I think both sides want power to some degree. I do think the Left wants it more, but i think both sides are pretty willing to try whatever it takes to get it

But the Left with their ideologies creates a higher standard for themselves and so it’s easier to find hypocrisies

That’s why I’ve said it’s better to outwardly represent your true self, even if your true self is an asshole sometimes. Everyone already expects the GOP to be xenophobic, not compassionate for everyone all the time, etc. The benefit is no one can pearl clutch when we are. We’re just like “yeah….so?”. While the left has to explain every transgression to their rabid torch and pitchfork base
Old 09-25-2022, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, democracy is great, last year it transferred 2 trillion in wealth to the 1% for golf courses and boats.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, democracy is great, last year it transferred 2 trillion in wealth to the 1% for golf courses and boats.
Remember to sanitize.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no it didn't
Old 09-25-2022, 12:49 PM
Banned

I'm just happy my US government is willing to spread Democracy to others around the world.

They're just so selfless and nice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How else will these poor people get Democracy unless we force it on them?

People need to learn that they don't have a choice. It's one of the main tenets of Democracy.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Influence.