Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 06-21-2022, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait for new server. Camp a manastone or two. Make a trade.
Don't sleep for a week, share accounts with someone who sleeps when you don't, or cheat ... easy! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-21-2022 at 01:44 PM..
Old 06-21-2022, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most guilds have a wide range of tools to assist you in the quest, including things like shared ranger accounts parked in hate to help you check for spawns.

It isn’t easy, it is very competitive, but it isn’t impossible.
This.

But honestly, I'd recommend not joining a big guild, and going for a smaller one instead. For instance, on Green when a quake happens the big guilds go after the big targets like Sleeper's, TOV, or KT ... but smaller guilds like Castle do Hate.

You can get a Magi in a big guild: I'm in Kingdom and we got one last week ... after I spent over a week tracking (I work from home, so that means sitting with EQ open, and clicking the track button every 10 seconds or so all day long, every 3 days after a quake and roughly 3 days after that) ... and then after we barely beat another guild racing for it.

But every quake it seems Castle races up there, and gets any Magis that spawn all to themselves. Since the staff is doing a lot more quakes these days, I truly think they (or a similar guild of their size, ie. big enough to raid hate whenever a quake happens, but not big enough to compete with the Seal Teams and Kingdoms) is best for a mage wanting an epic.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-21-2022 at 01:45 PM..
Old 06-21-2022, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

I mostly enjoyed my time in a big guild, Black Lotus. But some of the crap I heard coming out of other big guilds... yikes.

You can also think about it like this:

Option A: Spend 1 year on someone else's schedule, responding to batphones, long stretches of time raiding... hoping the politics work out and the guild doesn't disband (making your DKP useless) so that you might one day get it

Option B: Spend 1 year on your own schedule, camping what you want to camp, slowly building up plat to buy it

You'd be amazed what you can do slowly over a period of time. I achieved the fastest 1-50 in P99 history with that approach.

See here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=374910
Last edited by Castle2.0; 06-21-2022 at 01:53 PM..
Old 06-21-2022, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

The mage staff is neckbearded hard, but perhaps you can befriend the farm crew, I am sure they are reasonable people
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 06-21-2022, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mostly enjoyed my time in a big guild, Black Lotus. But some of the crap I heard coming out of other big guilds... yikes.

You can also think about it like this:

Option A: Spend 1 year on someone else's schedule, responding to batphones, long stretches of time raiding... hoping the politics work out and the guild doesn't disband (making your DKP useless) so that you might one day get it

Option B: Spend 1 year on your own schedule, camping what you want to camp, slowly building up plat to buy it

You'd be amazed what you can do slowly over a period of time. I achieved the fastest 1-50 in P99 history with that approach.

See here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=374910
Wow: I literally recommended that someone join Castle ... and in the very next post "Castle 2.0" tells them to go farm plat instead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Last edited by loramin; 06-21-2022 at 02:26 PM..
Old 06-21-2022, 02:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow: I literally recommended that someone join Castle, and in the very next post "Castle 2.0" tells people to go farm plat instead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol I love how he managed to include his leveled 1-50 thing too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-21-2022, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol I love how he managed to include his leveled 1-50 thing too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 06-21-2022, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

These ppl are all lying to you. You will not start a mage and finish your epic on either p99 server unless you are very very sweaty. If finishing an epic is important to you then go play on takp or play a different class.
Old 06-21-2022, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These ppl are all lying to you. You will not start a mage and finish your epic on either p99 server unless you are very very sweaty. If finishing an epic is important to you then go play on takp or play a different class.
Man, I haven't seen a post from you in ages. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm guessing you haven't played in awhile also? If so, things aren't the same as they were in the old Blue days. Of course, the Mage epic remains a major challenge, but the abundance of quakes makes it a lot less difficult than it used to be.

Like I said, on Green Castle is going up to Hate every quake (I see them up there). Quick math: if quakes keep happening (as they have been) almost weekly, and let's say a Magi appears in 3/4 quakes, and drops an earth staff 1/3 times ... that adds up to Castle getting approximately one staff a month.

Now, you still have to be a Castle member, be on when it quakes (but again, lately that's been easy with all these weekend quakes), and you have to win the staff (I dunno if they handle it with DKP or loot council or what). And that's still only one Castle mage per month (plus however many mages who get non-quake-staves).

I don't know what your definition of "very very sweaty" is, but joining Castle (not even a top guild on the server), going on some raids to earn DKP, and then playing on weekends to catch quakes, doesn't sound all that sweaty to me ... and yet it's getting Castle (something like) one epic mage per month.

P.S. I suppose quakes aren't guaranteed to keep happening like this, but even if they halve the number of quakes, that's still one every other month ... that's not too sweaty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Last edited by loramin; 06-21-2022 at 04:29 PM..
Old 06-21-2022, 06:03 PM
Fire Giant

That post is even sweaty--everything is sweaty