Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 08-17-2022, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

Default Necro solo spots 40+

Hey all -- tried a little of Kaesora a while ago, but was having tough time charming.

Problem seems to lie in the skeleton warders (clerics) --- when I break charmed pet to kill both mobs, the cleric heals. Screaming Terror doesnt last long enough to stop the warder from healing themselves, or the other mob.

Root rotting in Sol B seems safer / more consistent

Am I missing something? Really rusty necro here. Been about a year since I got to level 40 lol
Old 08-17-2022, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

The biggest camp at 40 is Specs. Usually people do fear kiting with a pet and dots in Feerrott, Oasis, and OOT.

Some other options are fear kiting in OT, IC, EW, HG's, etc.

HG's is a great option if you want to make a bunch of plat.

Dwarf Guards.
Old 08-19-2022, 10:12 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Taia_Lyfol

https://wiki.project1999.com/Kanthurn

6 min timers right next to each other. They don't assist.

If you're looking for a chill semi afk camp. You can get to 51 there.
Old 08-19-2022, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey all -- tried a little of Kaesora a while ago, but was having tough time charming.

Problem seems to lie in the skeleton warders (clerics) --- when I break charmed pet to kill both mobs, the cleric heals. Screaming Terror doesnt last long enough to stop the warder from healing themselves, or the other mob.

Root rotting in Sol B seems safer / more consistent

Am I missing something? Really rusty necro here. Been about a year since I got to level 40 lol
You need an instant invis item to break charm low enough so one Nuke will kill the warder before it heals itself. I think I used ward/expulse undead. If you can’t finish off a mob with one nuke you’re breaking charm at too high of health.

Around 40 I think I made my way towards xalgoz or however you spell it which has no warders iirc.
Old 08-20-2022, 09:31 AM
Kobold

Hi, Here are a few of my personal options.

1. Spectres in Ocean of Tears, Feerrott or Oasis. Those should take you to high 40s. Have fairly low HP, easy to fear kite.
2. Crystal Caverns has a lot of good options and can do Geos fairly easy at level 44-49 for $$$. Terrors will be enough to get you into the mid 40s however.
3. Grobb Guards starting at 44. These can take you to 54 if you play it right. Can sell and bank in Bones illusion.
4. Trakanon's Teeth you can fear kite the Spectrals way south in the zone. Plenty to choose from and fairly easy up to 50s.
5. East Wastes and the Ogre Mercenaries for a while. Viable up to 52 with 3 close together on a 6:40 spawn timer. Pry have 20% more hp than old world guards, but easy enough. Only have to watch out for Ultork pathers.
Great way to get early Skyshrine faction/CoV faction if you were looking at that at some point.

Those are my favorite 40s options personally.
Old 08-20-2022, 04:32 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need an instant invis item to break charm low enough so one Nuke will kill the warder before it heals itself. I think I used ward/expulse undead. If you can’t finish off a mob with one nuke you’re breaking charm at too high of health.

Around 40 I think I made my way towards xalgoz or however you spell it which has no warders iirc.
oh there's definitely warders in that area

OP: It's definitely possible to ST these guys after the charm break but you'll definitely need a GCD clicky to get it off in time. these guys annoy tf out of me. If there's a group of mobs with a warder beating your regular skeleton, you can ST the warder before you break charm. The DD nuke/tap is too slow and they'll heal before you get the spell off. Expulse is 2.75 cast time so that might do it, but then of course gotta click off just in time for that hp range. the more powerful nukes take too long

i prefer a healing mob over getting rooted in guk, though. plus better zem in kaesora and dead wood sticks
Last edited by VesperVapes; 08-20-2022 at 04:40 PM..
Old 08-20-2022, 05:51 PM
Orc

Definitely too many Definitely's lol
Old 08-21-2022, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by VesperVapes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh there's definitely warders in that area

OP: It's definitely possible to ST these guys after the charm break but you'll definitely need a GCD clicky to get it off in time. these guys annoy tf out of me. If there's a group of mobs with a warder beating your regular skeleton, you can ST the warder before you break charm. The DD nuke/tap is too slow and they'll heal before you get the spell off. Expulse is 2.75 cast time so that might do it, but then of course gotta click off just in time for that hp range. the more powerful nukes take too long

i prefer a healing mob over getting rooted in guk, though. plus better zem in kaesora and dead wood sticks
Yep, that's how you do it. Expulse/ward undead with instead invis break at like 2-3% with gob ring/pre nerf COS. Plenty of time to cast before their heal lands. Always try to pet them first too since they won't try healing themselves when petted from what I remember.
Old 08-22-2022, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

I did Bouncer Hurd or Bouncer Flerb in Ferrott from 40-48 with my Druid and Wizard. Necro can do more probably, but it's a super easy afk camp.
Old 08-23-2022, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

Your strategy for the clerics is off. Kaesora is god tier charm XP til you get your HS key.

Necro w/ half a brain is Kaesora ---> CoM ---> HS/KC to 60.