Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 09-08-2022, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Being able to break charm at 1-2% is huge for mana saving. I pretty much only used Hungry earth to kill my pet until I got deflux. It gains efficiency as you level, and the added root is nice. Occasionally I would throw in an expulse undead if needed. Pre-Nerf CoS is nice too since you don't have to target yourself and insta invis when flopping around is the double benefit. But if you can't afford it, GGR will get the job done.
Old 09-09-2022, 03:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being able to break charm at 1-2% is huge for mana saving. I pretty much only used Hungry earth to kill my pet until I got deflux. It gains efficiency as you level, and the added root is nice. Occasionally I would throw in an expulse undead if needed. Pre-Nerf CoS is nice too since you don't have to target yourself and insta invis when flopping around is the double benefit. But if you can't afford it, GGR will get the job done.
Especially when charming skeletal warders in Kaesora -- much less chance of them getting a heal off if you break charm with the warder already targeted, so you can click CoS right into casting Hungry Earth / Expel undead
Old 09-09-2022, 06:53 PM
Banned

yeah that's a fair point I guess, esp since for druid mana is probably more of an issue. I have always pulled the pet back when it's below the lower half of the first bubble of health, to where a single anarchy can kill it

I will say there another risk to trying to pull back charmed caster mobs at low health. Once a caster mob pet starts casting a spell, they plant their feet and try to finish the spell no matter what commands you give them. Maybe there's a command that will make them stop but I don't know of it

This means that pulling a charmed caster mob back at super low health is very risky. I learned the hard way there's a chance they will start a cast right then, plant their feet in range of the enemy mob and ignore your pet back off commands, killing themselves while casting
Old 09-15-2022, 08:27 AM
Banned

I was lucky enough to buy a pre-nerf CoS back when it was cheaper.

I feel like I bought Bitcoin at $10 now.

It's just nice for so many reasons. It has also saved my ass countless times when a high level mob decides to spawn right near me and I'm quick enough to tap my CoS before the AI wakes up and aggros me.
Old 09-15-2022, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Stealthy ring of travel is like 11k and has a 2 second cast time.

Goblin ring is 7k and is instant but you have to get used to targeting yourself. (Save for this, do not, I repeat, do not try to camp it for more than like 4 hours, it will drive you insane.)

CoS is nice but getting to 60k to buy one is a tall task for most players even if they hoard money and take the best plat making routes.
Old 09-16-2022, 09:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stealthy ring of travel is like 11k and has a 2 second cast time.

Goblin ring is 7k and is instant but you have to get used to targeting yourself. (Save for this, do not, I repeat, do not try to camp it for more than like 4 hours, it will drive you insane.)

CoS is nice but getting to 60k to buy one is a tall task for most players even if they hoard money and take the best plat making routes.
I agree 100%.

I'd recommend the Ring of Stealthy Travel to a new Necro today. 2 seconds is quick enough. The only other downside is you have to equip it, but at least it has some stats on it.