Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 09-15-2022, 11:20 PM
Fire Giant

If you want to just chill-out in super safe exp spot, PoM Rat maze is also an option (requires getting to POM usually via CoTH, and binding there)
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 09-16-2022, 12:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alright, my Necro is 55 atm. I'm looking for the next solo spot.

I know of a few safe spots, but they're pretty permacamped.

I also know the popular spots are upper floors of CoM and Howling Stones.

I'm leaning towards CoM because I'm more familiar with the zone. I have never been to HS. Not once.

I know of the levitate trick to get on the 2nd floor of CoM, but I'm not 100% sure how to do it. And then I don't know what to do from there. I don't know the 2nd floor camps, dangers, tricks, etc.

Any information or help with soloing on the 2nd floor of CoM would be awesome, if possible. HS can wait for now. I'm not even confident I could solo getting the key for it..
Practice in CoM 3rd floor(up the transparent goo ramp). The bridge and house are easy clears. Once you perfect your charming there, finish in hs north/west. Always keep Manaskin up in hs, it’s worth it. Getting to 2nd is just lev over to flag pole on top of the temple click off lev and jump up onto the second ledge. From there just recast lev and watch for mobs and go to top of arena and bind there.

Good luck, leveling my Necro was probably the most fun I’ve ever had. Truly an amazing class.
Last edited by Crede; 09-16-2022 at 12:12 AM..
Old 09-16-2022, 08:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Practice in CoM 3rd floor(up the transparent goo ramp). The bridge and house are easy clears. Once you perfect your charming there, finish in hs north/west. Always keep Manaskin up in hs, it’s worth it. Getting to 2nd is just lev over to flag pole on top of the temple click off lev and jump up onto the second ledge. From there just recast lev and watch for mobs and go to top of arena and bind there.

Good luck, leveling my Necro was probably the most fun I’ve ever had. Truly an amazing class.
Thanks!
Old 09-16-2022, 10:26 AM
Fire Giant

Piggybacking off this post -- where's a good spot (not LGuk) thats good for 45-55ish? City of Mist? (charm killing is my jam)

Staying away from LGuk -- lots of wizards down near exe/cav/sage that really messed me up a good one. Plus, that area is prone to trains.
Old 09-16-2022, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Piggybacking off this post -- where's a good spot (not LGuk) thats good for 45-55ish? City of Mist? (charm killing is my jam)

Staying away from LGuk -- lots of wizards down near exe/cav/sage that really messed me up a good one. Plus, that area is prone to trains.
Yes CoM 45-55 is pretty much your best bet.

At 45, stick to the first floor. Stables is fantastic if you can get it solo (don't feel like you have to share, its a camp that can be solo claimed).

If stables is busy, move up to arena. Be wary of the goos they have above average MR and are definitely undercon. As you're running towards arena / moat from entrance, if you go to the right side of the arena, there is a house there with 4 undead static spawns. Start on the right side of moat, and if your undead charm options dry up due to rng, you can pull each one of these out to keep going. Its almost like a reserve / guaranteed charm pet spawn point.

Don't bother with 2nd floor until moat starts to green out...probably around 50.

If you can find an enchanter to come duo, you guys can do the moat full clear nascar loop. Just slay everything and keep going round and round.
Last edited by Toxigen; 09-16-2022 at 01:33 PM..
Old 09-16-2022, 04:48 PM
Fire Giant

You da man Toxi thanks
Old 09-16-2022, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Frozen Tower?
Old 09-16-2022, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You da man Toxi thanks
anytime

com also kicks ass because jboots and since im 99% sure you're iksar, its not a terrible run to cab either

once you're ready for floor 2, i like to bind on top of the arena house...very easy to DMF run out to EJ for reasons (shit can fall / train, sometimes FD fails and you just wanna harmshield and book it) ....... simply gate back up top for a nice reset
Last edited by Toxigen; 09-16-2022 at 05:57 PM..
Old 09-16-2022, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Charming KC basement is actually very good experience. Loot sucks but meh. Also very safe. My favorite place to set up is the turnkey safe room. Using walls to block LOS you can undead lull; most pulls come in pairs of 2. There’s not a whole lot of room to maneuver on charm breaks (intended or otherwise) but the mobs are dark blue even at 60 and not very dangerous.

Super relaxed and the safe room is a convenient place to rest up if you need to.

Only time I’ve ever run into problems is when you have a rambunctious puller at hands that plans on pulling 4-5 skeletons right over the top of you when you’re doing stuff. Pretty sure that’s the only time I’ve died and I probably would have lived if I hadn’t looked away during the wrong 3 critical seconds.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-17-2022, 10:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charming KC basement is actually very good experience. Loot sucks but meh. Also very safe. My favorite place to set up is the turnkey safe room. Using walls to block LOS you can undead lull; most pulls come in pairs of 2. There’s not a whole lot of room to maneuver on charm breaks (intended or otherwise) but the mobs are dark blue even at 60 and not very dangerous.

Super relaxed and the safe room is a convenient place to rest up if you need to.

Only time I’ve ever run into problems is when you have a rambunctious puller at hands that plans on pulling 4-5 skeletons right over the top of you when you’re doing stuff. Pretty sure that’s the only time I’ve died and I probably would have lived if I hadn’t looked away during the wrong 3 critical seconds.
I imagine this isn't ideal when there's a Basement group in progress, yes? I've pulled for Basement groups but I don't remember pulling from too deep in there.