Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 11:48 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Frankly I’d stick to high population areas like EC and while grinding do a friendly and non-annoying /ooc asking for generosity. If it’s your first toon on P99 (or first one up to lvl 20) most people are sympathetic; put that in the message. You might land a free Sword of the Skyfire, Jade Broadsword or Nathsar greatsword. Anything in that 100p range is open to vendor or charity once it’s struggling to sell.

Leveling is most important but if you can gear up at the same time that is time efficiency. That is the name of the game in EQ.

You might get some hazing but likely you will get some decent hand-me-downs and buffs. Then you can RP the generous kind Pally someday and return the favor.
Hey thanks! Great advice!

I had saved up around 100pp selling CB belts/pads, bonechips etc and then ended up buying some pieces myself. Down to about 50pp now but at lvl 18 I'm planning to head to Kurn's Tower this weekend to try to get some more bonechips to sell. I think before going to Kurn's I'm going to try and see if I can get Squallslither in Dagnor's Cauldren for the mask he drops.

While I'm happy to receive donations I'm not sure I can bring myself to openly ask for free stuff. I'm much more interested in finding places I can obtain the loot myself, it's really more exciting that way for me!
Closed Thread