This thread devolved into nonsense
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 03-20-2019, 11:51 AM
Sarnak

ALS did my General V`Gheera fight with 23 people, none of whom were over level 55, with zero epics and a level 53 tank. We didn't even have anyone with a Seb Key at that point, so pretty much everyone was in old world gear with a tiny smattering of some of the easier Velious drops. V`Gheera is very significantly harder than the Kromzek Captain, even with half the HP; he hits twice as hard and procs a nasty, nasty life tap. We definitely could have killed the captain easily there.

I'm pretty sure that given the average gear quality available on the server, two groups in the high 40's/low 50's would be able to take him.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ALS did my General V`Gheera fight with 23 people, none of whom were over level 55, with zero epics and a level 53 tank. We didn't even have anyone with a Seb Key at that point, so pretty much everyone was in old world gear with a tiny smattering of some of the easier Velious drops. V`Gheera is very significantly harder than the Kromzek Captain, even with half the HP; he hits twice as hard and procs a nasty, nasty life tap. We definitely could have killed the captain easily there.

I'm pretty sure that given the average gear quality available on the server, two groups in the high 40's/low 50's would be able to take him.
Every person in the high 40s would be contributing nothing other than buffs and heals.

So if every single DPS and tank is in the "low 50's" then maybe. If the tank or any of DPS is below 50, they might as well not attend.

Reminds me PUG Vox/Nag raids back in the day. You show up with 60 people forgetting 52 of them are so low/poorly geared that they turn into a net negative. Suddenly Vox is chasing a lvl 45 rogue and you're losing the DPS race because you're chasing her etc.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:18 PM
Sarnak

Vox is very different due to AOE. We had a level 24 ranger at my general fight, who did 300 damage over the course of the battle, or slightly under 1% of total damage. Melee scales much, much better than casters in terms of being able to affect higher level MOBs. A level 24 wizard would have done nothing, but the level 24 ranger was pulling about 20% as much damage as one of the high 40's DPS.

A level 40 melee and a level 50 melee actually hit pretty much identically hard given identical gear, as to hit and damage formulas are not level based, they're skill based and melee skills don't change between level 40 and level 50. It is really just the tank that you badly need to be as high level as possible.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

^ exactly

Killing 1 non-AoEing mob w a zerg of lvl 40 players really isnt that difficult unless half your dps is wizard who cant land spells on red cons. I wager you could pet wall Captain even, 15 level 45 mages/necros can kill him easily!