Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

Default 57 necro new spot

What spots are decent charm spots for a lvl 57 necro other than HS and KC basement. I do real well in both of these spots but just wondering where to go outside of this. Also what are other good root rotting and fear kiting spots as well. I do prefer charm killing undead as it seems most efficient and just more active and fun.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:42 AM
Fire Giant

I doubt you'll find a better spot to charm solo as a necro than HS. But if it's more a question of naming places where charming undeads for exp at level 57 is possible I suppose you'd still be able to squeeze a bit of exp out of CoM upper floors.

Tower of Frozen Shadow enters my mind but I'm guessing level 57 is too high? Maybe someone with expertise of that zone can chime in.

In terms of root rotting I'd be tempted to explore Chardok. I never got to do that as I decided to faction to be able to pull for chardok aoe in the bad old days.

I wouldn't like to solo in Sebilis as there are too many caster mobs for my taste. You could go for the "not so good exp but chance at PP" and go solo 4-way in Kael for thurg armor (chest pieces and legs still sell for around 20k) or go to Skyshrine and kill Fe'dhars for a lottery ticket on Wurm Lord or Shawl but more likely just some random 2-5k items. Can flop to avoid faction hit and just fear kite.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Tower of Frozen Shadow enters my mind but I'm guessing level 57 is too high? Maybe someone with expertise of that zone can chime in.
NOPE would be messy and only the vamps on the 6th and 7th would give worth while xp.

and the 7th floor bats are a 1 hour re spawn odd timer but yes 60 min. but that robe is super sexy.

NAMPUS EPIC gnome MAG
Wyman EPIC halfing WAR
Old 12-11-2018, 10:35 AM
Sarnak

Dragon Necropolis phase spiders can be rotted.

Velks, you can do the Frenzy or CE camps. There are charmable undead down through lower dogs, but getting there is a flop fest, and it would be far from efficient once you did.

If you want a laid back, kill 2 mobs and then afk for chores, there's 2 brownies outside the brownie fort in Lfay that are level 50ish druids. It's not great xp or money, but it's something to do.

Parts of the crypt in seb are soloable. I'd just avoid the golems and kill between the emp and the tomb. But that's a hot camp, so it's something that you'd probably have the most luck with in the mornings.

Skyfire and Burning Woods giant fort offers some blue con stuff for root rotting. Pathers make it a bit less than desirable, but it's an option.

Geo's in WL, offer a bit of plat in gems but they're a bit tanky, so the xp is meh.

Chardok is a bit a of a stretch for xping. Lots of casters, so you'll be stuck to places you can line of sight. Roots break fairly often without tash, and mobs arent pushovers.

Plane of Mischief, rat maze offers some decent xp for root rotting and it's fairly easy and safe.

It's fun to get out and explore some other places as that HS grind does get a little tedious since most necro's start there in the low 50's and stay all the way to 60. I spent a lot of time goofing around in all of these zones while pushing through the 50's.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

From 57-60 the XP sucks everywhere. Make a small group and go crawl the Hole or do Chardok
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-11-2018, 02:39 PM
Sarnak

I appreciate the replys. I will hunt around some. I only have another 20% to go till lvl 58 but just getting burnt out in HS at the moment. I think I came to HS around lvl 52ish and have basically been there ever since. Have made a few alts and gotten them to their 50's as well during this time but the necro is still my passion. Even with all the experiance I have gained and time spent in HS it is still an exciting place. I just want the occasional change of pace.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Hole in the deep end near pally / sk epic parts.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:26 PM
Sarnak

CoM 3rd floor is hot garbage compared to HS. KC basement is ok but not great.

Hole sucks, all the undead have crazy resists

Do HS. It's necromancer heaven
Last edited by beargryllz; 12-11-2018 at 04:36 PM..
Old 12-13-2018, 01:20 AM
Sarnak

Grab one of the million monks and duo the arena ogres in neriakA. Great exp and super lazy. Let the monk chain pull, keep shadowbond rolling, and summon a rogue pet then put on a movie.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:51 AM
Sarnak

If you want something different, you can fear-kite Fe'Dhars in Skyshrine for a chance at some ridiculously-rare-but-if-you-actually-manage-to-get-it-very-nice drops. Once you get them split the exp is ok- not as good as charming for sure, but also relatively safe and easy (especially if you're factioned).

If you do it, remember to FD right before they die and let your pet get the kill. You'll still get the exp but you avoid the faction hit.
Closed Thread