Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 07:25 PM
Fire Giant

Default 55+ Necro Spots to combat high population

So I have been enjoying my necro for the past long while but ever since the XP Weekend in Jan. the server population has went up I'd say around 20% solid, sometimes pushing 2000 at peak hours. I remember leveling my cleric 1-2 years ago and howling stones was never camped. HS is especially brutal now with how much hell people will go thru to get a camp, I was leap frogged in north on more than one occasion recently during breaking.

Can anybody give some decent random spots that aren't necessarily the best XP but not total garbage either? I find these places camped beyond play-ability after work:
-Howling Stones
-City of Mist
-Wakening Lands
-Even the hole has been insane with the amount of full groups in there.

I'd even go back to root rotting or fear kiting if I could find a decent place.... 55+ just seems like a weird level for outdoor zones, BW is about 65-70% green mobs. Skyfire mobs are possible but some have 18k+ hp. Cobalt Scar seems maybe possible but druids and wizards are usually there.

I'll try anything once, just hoping for something maybe random and not totally camped.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:57 PM
Kobold

We just need to all get back into the mindset that a single person cannot claim an entire fucking level, or wing, as their camp in dungeons. The amount of necro/enchanters everywhere is fucking ridiculous. It makes me want to log on at 5 am and hold a camp, destroying items and money, all fucking day long just to cock block the horde. Don't even get me started on the number of people who just blatantly try to bully their way into camps and KS, or try to train to take the camp over.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSurgeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We just need to all get back into the mindset that a single person cannot claim an entire fucking level, or wing, as their camp in dungeons. The amount of necro/enchanters everywhere is fucking ridiculous. It makes me want to log on at 5 am and hold a camp, destroying items and money, all fucking day long just to cock block the horde. Don't even get me started on the number of people who just blatantly try to bully their way into camps and KS, or try to train to take the camp over.
It's brutal. I agree -- especially in cases where you clearly can't hold the entire wing anyways. I always share basement because realistically as a solo charmer without hasting pet its pretty much re-spawns happening after you clear 1 basement wing + middle of HS basement.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:19 PM
Fire Giant

Have you tried PoM Rat maze? maybe the barrier to entry (getting CoTH'd to PoM) might help your high population woes when you play

Personally I seldom if ever have this problem as i get home around 1120P EST so most p99 is asleep or soon to go to sleep when I get home
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 02-25-2019, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

Velkator spiders are pretty good for root rotting and good till 60
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-25-2019, 06:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you tried PoM Rat maze? maybe the barrier to entry (getting CoTH'd to PoM) might help your high population woes when you play

Personally I seldom if ever have this problem as i get home around 1120P EST so most p99 is asleep or soon to go to sleep when I get home
Rat Maze has been overcrowded as fuk lately.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:14 AM
Aviak

In my opinion, there's no way Howling Stones is too full, ever. If North and West are getting too crowded, ask if people want to do South. If South is overcamped that's just insane and I don't really believe that.

I know I hate grouping with random strangers as a necro too and would prefer to solo North/Basement, but people will say yes if you ask. And it's not that bad in the end anyways--it's an MMO so it's what you're supposed to do (I think). People who hang around Charasis tend to be less annoying and obnoxious in my opinion. And South does kinda suck with the summoning/necro dots but if you have a good group it's not bad at all. One of my favorite groups ever in HS was in South, with some people I hadn't met before. It felt like real danger, and it felt like real badassery. I was even the recipient of a Lays on Hand there, and it felt incredibly cool, since it saved us from a death and probable wipe. Doing basement puts me to sleep these days.

But in any case, my knowledge seems to be outdated. People leapfrogging North sounds like real scumbaggery, and I'm sorry to hear that's been happening. I've never had that happen to me. What do they want that badly? West key? Mucilaginous Girdle? I have not been to HS recently but I spent many, many hours and levels there so I am very familiar with the zone. In a zone where half the mobs harmtouch I thought there was more courtesy.

I'd be curious to hear more about the state of HS if it's that bad. Someone needs to harmtouch the leapfroggers if that's true.
Last edited by Lysander; 02-25-2019 at 07:16 AM..
Old 02-25-2019, 11:50 AM
Banned

You can't really beat HS. If 1 person is claiming a wing...just talk to them privately and see if they're willing to duo or share half with you.

I have seen necros root rotting velk spiders.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:44 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried most above methods except PoM. I def have seen HS average 8-12 people im primetime hours the last few weeks, but then again, I log on at a time that isn't ideal for low population. I don't typically group on the necro due having to log at any moments notice these days, so kind of why I rolled the solo toon, but understand your point about MMOs being social [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-26-2019, 12:50 AM
Sarnak

First the new chardok revamp got a lot of undeads and the zone is huge.

Also CoM first 2 floors are heavily camped but the third one is not, the part after the locked door is almost never killed and you can access it with levitate.

And it's been said but go adventure in the HS wings even if it's camped too many people claim a wing killing just a few mobs. Check how much is up and ask if you can take some or even group it's not that bad!
Closed Thread