Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 10:56 PM
Fire Giant

The concept of a language mechanic is very cool, but not very well rendered in EQ, so you might wanna "type in troll" rather than actually speak troll.

I mean, my own Troll (warrior 43) is learning Elder Dragon right now so he can say dirty stuff to Lady Vox in her language while he kills her (his personnal goal) so I can't blame you for being a huge dork, but yeah, it's probably not doing what you think it's doing for other people.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:38 AM
Fire Giant

Make a roleplay in here, OP
.. an erotic roleplay.

It is the roleplay endgame. The Everest of RP.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Community has been very receptive of rogues stealing books
Old 03-02-2019, 11:10 AM
Banned

It's Okay To Be Troll
Old 03-02-2019, 10:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The concept of a language mechanic is very cool, but not very well rendered in EQ, so you might wanna "type in troll" rather than actually speak troll.

I mean, my own Troll (warrior 43) is learning Elder Dragon right now so he can say dirty stuff to Lady Vox in her language while he kills her (his personnal goal) so I can't blame you for being a huge dork, but yeah, it's probably not doing what you think it's doing for other people.
I always thought it would have been really cool if there was no actual common tongue. The player base would probably have some meta rule that agreed on everyone learning a certain language ASAP that would be universally used as the “common tongue.”
Old 03-02-2019, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiblaan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think
Not much, really.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:09 PM
Sarnak

I remember having language 'learning' sessions to have something to do while riding the boats. Group with whoever is on the boat with you and spam your racial language.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always thought it would have been really cool if there was no actual common tongue. The player base would probably have some meta rule that agreed on everyone learning a certain language ASAP that would be universally used as the “common tongue.”
Firiona Vie had this. It was designed as the 'roleplaying preferred' server. It bad very few items flagged as no drop. As such it was just filled with players that just wanted to skip content by simply buying the best items.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:00 AM
Sarnak

I liked the language aspect of being on Firiona Vie but I never got far on that server because I had too much time invested in a couple of others.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:08 AM
Banned

After thought:
RP even back then was not a widely popular thing and only a few servers dedicated and enforced rp rules. And I believe even now that there is just one RP server remaining on live, just like there is one pvp server.

I do not know what prompted others to get into EverQuest but for me it was a pair of nice elf titties on a box and using Webcrawler trying to troubleshoot as a Teenager. Seeing roleplaying back then on the Bertox server was just a joke, laughable or just seeing this happen and thinking "wow, dorks." which may or may not carried onto this day.

I see people who "nuzlocke" them selves on p99 with a myriad of rules they give themselves from random strangers to ASL with their rules.

But never once an actual Roleplayer. 9 mother fucking years and I never came across one roleplayer. Well maybe I did and they were inner monologging to themselves during deep meditation between hill giant quads kites or maybe that one weird person spamming long drawn out "incoming" macros 6 or 8 years ago but then again most of us are probably in their 30s-50s who have evolved passed the need to fare fort thine artcome or people who steadfastly think that roleplaying is just plain ole.. gay.

Seconds before I was about to click the reply button I was struck with a sudden wave of pity. P99 has helped me live out my glory days and fantasies that I never could do many times over and the fact that you and maybe a few others may never get to kinda makes me sad but I will sober up and forget I made this post the next morning. I mean managing Blue99 seems like a monumental task on its own with people who volunteer their free time to sounds daunting enough, now imagine trying to run another server who enforces banning and suspending people who break character on a regular basis like they did on... was it the Firiona Vie Server in Yesteryear?

So I am going to wrap this up by farting before passing out and say "sorry you didnt get to RP"
Closed Thread