Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Ive heard a chestplate of fiery might is a great game changing necro item >.>
Old 03-11-2019, 09:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pre-Nerf CoS, if you can afford it. Get it before anything else.

I thought I'd never get one, but I did (and I'm a casual scrub)

Even a post-nerf CoS is great.
How'd you afford one as a casual scrub. I am also a casual scrub, mained a cleric to 58, never broke 10k. Necro is 56, I have around 15k between the two characters.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:11 AM
Fire Giant

Go farm wyverns (Fe'Dhar mobs) in Skyshrine. They will resist you quite a bit at 56 but are still very easy to fear/kite. There will be exp although not very good exp. During your time there a variety of 1-9k items will drop rarely. Expect a session of 3-4 hours to yield ~1 (your mileage may vary). You might also luck out and get a near-BiS shoulder item (https://wiki.project1999.com/Wurm_Lord_Shawl) - though 2 years later and I'm still waiting on mine. As a bonus you don't have to damage your CoV faction as you can FD and let pet finish them to avoid any faction hit.

It will be boring and not very good exp but you can grind your way to CoS money in a reasonable amount of time.

Alternatively fear/kite giants at 4-way in kael. This is an annoying camp at 56 as they are all giants and therefor undercons. They will resist a lot. Lieutenants drop thurg armor pieces. Low drop rate of course. Can luck out and pick up a chest piece (robe still sells for anywhere between 25-40k depending). You will want to fear/kite them in the tunnel towards EW zl.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go farm wyverns (Fe'Dhar mobs) in Skyshrine. They will resist you quite a bit at 56 but are still very easy to fear/kite. There will be exp although not very good exp. During your time there a variety of 1-9k items will drop rarely. Expect a session of 3-4 hours to yield ~1 (your mileage may vary). You might also luck out and get a near-BiS shoulder item (https://wiki.project1999.com/Wurm_Lord_Shawl) - though 2 years later and I'm still waiting on mine. As a bonus you don't have to damage your CoV faction as you can FD and let pet finish them to avoid any faction hit.

It will be boring and not very good exp but you can grind your way to CoS money in a reasonable amount of time.

Alternatively fear/kite giants at 4-way in kael. This is an annoying camp at 56 as they are all giants and therefor undercons. They will resist a lot. Lieutenants drop thurg armor pieces. Low drop rate of course. Can luck out and pick up a chest piece (robe still sells for anywhere between 25-40k depending). You will want to fear/kite them in the tunnel towards EW zl.
Thanks for the advice, can't remember the last time I had 3-4 hours to sit and play. When I do get the time I try to just grind out levels, but I understand if I want a CoS the time has to be put in hehe. Cheers.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Soul well staff has changed my necro's life

/unmem Vexing Mordinia
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-13-2019, 01:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the advice, can't remember the last time I had 3-4 hours to sit and play. When I do get the time I try to just grind out levels, but I understand if I want a CoS the time has to be put in hehe. Cheers.
Just to be clear: you don’t need to commit to any amount of time to either of these camps. It was just to give you some indication of what the drop chances are like [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-13-2019, 02:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
gameplay at low level.
level 25 on my necro
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Soul well staff has changed my necro's life

/unmem Vexing Mordinia
Old 03-13-2019, 09:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to be clear: you don’t need to commit to any amount of time to either of these camps. It was just to give you some indication of what the drop chances are like [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where abouts in Skyshrine is this area? Or do I just need to look for the suffix you provided in your original reply?
Old 03-13-2019, 09:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How'd you afford one as a casual scrub. I am also a casual scrub, mained a cleric to 58, never broke 10k. Necro is 56, I have around 15k between the two characters.
I essentially sold all of my possessions that I have accumulated since 2012.

My main doesn't even have an offhand weapon now.

Some nice chap traded me 12k plat + various items for the Pre-Nerf CoS.

Which I'm glad I did, because I really like my Necro and will probably exclusively focus on him if and when I come back to EQ.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:11 PM
Sarnak

JBoots, Kromzek Surveyor Scope, Words of Darkness.

JBoots, in addition to giving you a huge QoL boost, reset GCD outdoors. Shams reset to chain Canni but for necros and enchanters, it helps you in chain spells together quickly which can be really useful. You can get snare, a dot, fear off easily before the mob can get to you. You can mez and root or mez and charm quicker. You can weave in a recast of lich. All this adds up to getting hit less and medding more.

Scope and Words for the same thing but indoor. Be warned that Words of Darkness quest sucks. I was in Permafrost for half a week (few hour chunks at a time) trying to get the Book of Frost. Also, getting the book from Lake Rathe is damn near impossible unless you bring a friend to kill Eldreth or have a druid harmony him to get at the mob that drops Book of Darkness.

Last, prenerf CoS. Makes running around KoS towns easy and makes breaking pet when charming far more efficient.
Closed Thread