Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 02:34 PM
Aviak

That's exactly what i wanted to talk about. Of course skill > all but i have almost 2k hp atm. Apparently, a enchanter with good end game gear has between 3k and 4k hp.
It's not game changing but it's help a lot when charm breaks.

My AC > HP question was more oriented in this way.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Should clarify, is that 2k with aegolism ? With raid buffs? Self buffs ?
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-15-2019, 03:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should clarify, is that 2k with aegolism ? With raid buffs? Self buffs ?
Baylan is at 2012/3790 with self buffs with his normal kit.

Aego/Sta/PE/DS gets me pretty comfortable. But I’m hardly a Zarza with 4200+ HP.

It’s a goal to hit 4K/4K with raid buffs, which means I need to get to 2034(?) unburied. A long ways to go to get there.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

To be fair, zarza is willing to swap sets of gear in and out to achieve maximum results.

I'm of the opinion that a balanced generalist approach is way to go but I think 4k/ 4k is a great goal. I personally dont like to factor in raid buffs into my stats too much because I dont raid on my enchanter so self buffed is more important to me.

Baylan knows how I feel on enchanter things

Ps: Gratz Baylan on FT5 , so glad you got EoN finally [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-15-2019, 07:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair, zarza is willing to swap sets of gear in and out to achieve maximum results.

I'm of the opinion that a balanced generalist approach is way to go but I think 4k/ 4k is a great goal. I personally dont like to factor in raid buffs into my stats too much because I dont raid on my enchanter so self buffed is more important to me.

Baylan knows how I feel on enchanter things

Ps: Gratz Baylan on FT5 , so glad you got EoN finally [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My long goal was to hit 2k hp self buffed. Then it was 2k/4K (not quite there...). 4K/4K is the load goal. I’ve got a ways to go to get there, but I’ve been looking at different gear paths to get there.

The closest I’ve found so far is: Ring 10, Hate Crystal, PoM Robe, Falinkan.

Will still need another big HP upgrade, but that would give me roughly 170 more mana and get me very close to 4K mana without a ToV drop.

Maybe I’ll get a Yeli head and that’ll solve all my problems!
Old 03-15-2019, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

I put a premium on hitpoints for all my casters back in the day since all that matters usually is not dying. AC may reduce a small amount of damage( and be more efficient over a long period of time), but I highly doubt it reduces enough to make up for a similar quality HP item when going from full health down to zero HP in a short burst of damage. And AC does nothing to mitigate spell damage.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:41 AM
Sarnak

It's pretty subjective but from my personal experience AC matter a lot more on lower level mobs, like the closer to green the bigger impact, I feel like a red is gonna destroy you no matter your armor class.

For that reason I find HP way more reliable, and anyway if you aim at NToV gear and such you will get both high AC/HP.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To Eberron’s point, better gear on an enchanter just widens the margin for error. It doesn’t make the impossible possible.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To Eberron’s point, better gear on an enchanter just widens the margin for error. It doesn’t make the impossible possible.
Pretty much this...

Everyone likes having good gear

But if you cant stun properly, or your reaction speed is derpy slow, or you don't know how to switch out spells and mez properly then all that extra hp / ac is buying you a few extra rounds of combat that you shouldn't be getting hit in the first place
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 03-17-2019, 10:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I put a premium on hitpoints for all my casters back in the day since all that matters usually is not dying. AC may reduce a small amount of damage( and be more efficient over a long period of time), but I highly doubt it reduces enough to make up for a similar quality HP item when going from full health down to zero HP in a short burst of damage. And AC does nothing to mitigate spell damage.
AC now is significantly more valuable than any ‘back in the day’ anecdotes. It actually works. Those -15ac earrings are almost exclusively a rogue/bard item.
Closed Thread