Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 10:06 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That seems incorrect, at least for Velious: Arch Overseers was definitely the #2 guild above Ring of Valor, and honestly I only barely remember Circle of Legends; did they fall apart or stop competing after Kunark or something?
Arch Overseers was mostly Euro players or at least they raided Euro hours, maybe that's why they aren't remembered as much but you're correct they were definitely in the mix.

<Circle of Legends> was raiding up and through the end of PoP. I can't comment after that as that's when I quit playing.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That seems incorrect, at least for Velious: Arch Overseers was definitely the #2 guild above Ring of Valor, and honestly I only barely remember Circle of Legends; did they fall apart or stop competing after Kunark or something?
AO def belongs around #3 but what I remember is they merged into FU to really give RoV competition however the two top guilds were on separate factions initially ( RoV on Giant FU on Dragon ) so it wasnt that much direct competition first several months of Velious.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was only one top guild, it was Ruin on the evil team which was a spin-off of Legacy of Steel from nameless. After Ruin it was Hate. The neutral and good teams were only getting scraps.

Rallos Zek was Ascending Dawn
Vallon was 12 Prophets and then Defiant in that order
Yeah when SZ was released (during Velious), a bunch of LoS folks made Ruin, levelled up and raided hardcore and rushed to kill most of Velious (minus AoW and Sleeper release) in a matter of months. No one else on the server was even close to them. Then they disbanded and Hate was the #1 guild on the server from then on.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:42 PM
Large Rat

@Dolalin who was the leader of Misguided Fools?
Old 09-14-2018, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Nameless - Legacy of Steel
Solusek Ro - Paradigm
Maelin - Crimson Tempest
Kane Bayle - In Virtue
Old 09-15-2018, 01:35 PM
Kobold

Sullon Zek:

Samromancer was a deity in his own right. I was there when he 6-box dueled whoever that Ranger was and right when the duel started he accidentally gated his whole box lmao! Then the whole zone turned into a fucking royal rumble.

After Sam, Hate was top dog. I believe they were back and forth with Ruin, but I had joined the guild that former Ruin members formed called Vindictive; I can't remember if I joined Ruin, but if I did, it was for a very short time before Vindictive was formed. Hate was above Vindictive, they were doing SSRA while we were doing Seru. They had about twice our members.

We even had a /guildwar between Vindictive and Hate. That was very fun. Even numbers we smoked them most of the time, but it usually eventually ended up in us being swarmed. Hate had a lot of warm bodies, but their core members were pretty good at EQ. We had the legend Speedd/Kirban. When I played WoW, there were people in my guild whom have never played a day of EQ and knew who he was. He really was the difference maker. Think he played/plays here on Red but eq pvp is stupid so I've never ran into him. If I wanted to pvp I'd just boot up Street Fighter. This is turning into a blog.

Once Otslak?? left Vindictive and we all merged with Hate, it was extremely lopsided with Hate on top. Like not even close.

Training was legal on SZ and we had many good trainers. We were evil so we had SK/Necro. Neut/Goodie raids got shit on really bad.

Shout out to all the neuts and goodies who never jumped ship. You guys are very tough mentally.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:32 PM
Sarnak

Way back when I was on Tarew Marr.

Top guild by significant margin was Enlightened Dark.

I didn't start until late Kunark. It was top then, and top through PoP (when I stopped playing).

It was probably top for all three eras, but I'm uncertain about Classic.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by radda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i played a lot of years on Tunare, i can tell you everything about it, so can Sudz.
i know much before the Eci (and then Mayoung) merger and after.
Eci brought a huge and dedicated open style raid (not the first time for Tunare server though.

so to make it short
from classic to velious, It was Talisman who recorded their kills and had strict requirements to join and stay joined. *no idea when they were created*
from shadows of luclin through gates of discord, Talisman STILL held the top spot of the server but that was only 1 head of a three headed dragon.
Cynosure and Divine Crusade were also neck and neck.
Cynosure were that bad boys and girls and came off strong.
Divine Crusade were a great bunch of people who in their off time, hosted open raiding to key *and back flag* people of the server through planes of power though they were already farming time.
Then came GoD expansion, the content there disbanded cynosure and then soon after disbanded Divine crusade, Talisman prevailed and made it through Tacvi before Omens *need source*

Talisman Disbanded sometime around SoD
but not before we merged with Eci and public raiding became the norm. hardcore group ran from Grey Horizon and anyone could join *people sat out there was so many on some nights, alas duel raiding*

this is all the easy to see, at first glance, aspects from my many years on Tunare, there were 5 more guilds through out it all that had their spot light or added to the great community .
Eci isn't listed on the initial list, but some back story.

Public raids started very early in the server's history. Initially they were led by a guy named Hottoq. This group did public planes raids and figured out much of Plane of Sky when it launched.

The only guild at the time that fit the mold of server uber guild was Souls of the Shadow. A candidate for 'top' guild at this time might have been a guild called Sacrament of Chaos, who had a lot of the server's firsts. They were not a large guild, but went on to win BotBs and have server first epics, etc. They raided with the public.

Some time in Kunark, Hottoq joined SotS. The competition that emerged was a guild called Reconstructed, led initially by Thordan, I believe. During this period Millenium and Council of the Magi merged to form Arete. SotS still kinda dominated, if memory serves.

Some time around Velious launch, SotS was tired of playing the server villan and they transferred servers, becoming Dark Horizon.

Hottoq had remained behind and became involved with Reconstructed, who were the clear #1s in Velious, with Arete being 2nd. Also during this period, server public raids started back up and became highly competitive. The largest of the feeder guilds was Forlorn, but at the time they were referred to as MMM [Million Man March] and were comprised of a number of guilds.

I believe the public raiding crew that continued after the merge with Tunare was this core group of folks. Someone can correct me if wrong here, I was in college and never actively raided after the merge.

Edit: Outside of all of this was a very powerful asian guild called Vane. They were also highly capable. I believe even being the serverwide first on Yelinak [this was the impetus to change the encounter such that high level mobs near Lord Yelinak would not assist in the kill.]
Last edited by SunDrake; 09-18-2018 at 07:29 AM..
Old 09-18-2018, 10:23 AM
Aviak

Morden Rasp was Leviathan
Old 09-18-2018, 11:13 AM
Fire Giant

Luclin's was:
Classic: Sorrow's End
Kunark: Legacy of Sorrow
Velious: Legacy of Sorrow

Somebody saved a decent bit of Luclin history too it seems:
Guild histories and first epics
Guild rankings and more transitions