Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 09:24 AM
Sarnak

Default How would you gear a 30ish Druid with between 4-6k to spend?

Gonna need to buy some gear after I finish doing XP turnin quests. I'm aiming for around level 30 (maybe a bit under).

How would you spend between 4-6k on gear?

I have no experience with Druids.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:38 AM
Sarnak

I thought about my question and realized it's pretty vague so allow me to change it.

Is there any specific pieces of gear that you can think of that you'd really try to obtain on a Druid for leveling purposes?

Not counting goblin Gazughi ring.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

I guess lumi staff but maybe dont worry about it until 46 or whenever its clickable.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 06-09-2018, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there any specific pieces of gear that you can think of that you'd really try to obtain on a Druid for leveling purposes?

Not counting goblin Gazughi ring.
Goblin Gazughi Ring. Yes I know that's what you just said, but really that's all you need. My Druid literally leveled into his 40s with half his equipment slots completely empty, as the only item I bought for him was the ring. All of the remaining slots were cheap/crappy gear I'd picked up, and even once I hit 45 all I bought him was the Elder Spiritist's arms/hands and a Lumi staff.

It did not make the slightest difference: in the entire time I leveled there were maybe a handful of times when more HP/mana might have saved my bacon, but 99% of the times I died it was something avoidable where I was being stupid, and a few more HP/mana wouldn't have helped. Druids are super gear-independent, and that ring is the only item they really need to go from 14 to 45.

But if you've got money to spend, I'd pickup an Elder Spiritist's armor set, especially the hands and arms slots. Everything except the BP and legs is cheap, the AC from it will help a little with charm breaks and quad distance miscalculations, plus at 45 you get a mana-free snare/DoT. If you still have money leftover I'd get a Lumi staff, as it's super handy from 45-49. It's also still useful after, but less for regular use and more for "crap things went wrong and I ran out of mana, good thing I have this staff to finish my quad off."

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-09-2018 at 01:14 PM..
Old 06-09-2018, 03:30 PM
Banned

I would save for a lumi staff. Anything else would be foolish.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

Friends will help you level faster than any gear. Lumi staff is the thing to get for solo gear. But be proactive and build dungeon groups with /tell. It's the fastest way to level as a druid.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess lumi staff but maybe dont worry about it until 46 or whenever its clickable.
Save at least 4-4.5k of that and buy a lumi when you can. Best investment for a Druid. 46-52 is flat out self PL speed and still useful quadding through 50s. From 49 up your spell cast quad is much faster burst but chain clicking lumi still gives a lot more sustained damage over time. In a practical sense it’s 45-50 sustained mana free dps factoring in run time, the 10 second click and the occasionally missed cast due to timing errors.

High level quadding I used it to finish off when I ran low on mana or to stretch out mana so I could do 2 quads per repop in WL vs blowing all mana dropping 4 and then medding for repop.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread