Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 03:25 PM
Fire Giant

Default Top raid guild per server?

I’ve been wondering lately primarily about the servers I played on during live (Rallos Zek, then Bristlebane then Firiona Vie). I never raided back then, so I don’t really remember who were the top dogs and it got me to wondering about each server.

I remember during my time on Bristlebane, Club Fu guys always being “geared” but I was 16 or 17 with no real knowledge of ToV etc, so well geared to me then we’re warriors with Cobalt BPs. While on Firiona Vie, I remember Fire and Fury was at least one of the top, but does anyone know who was THE top guild on those servers? I’m interested in hearing about other servers “best” as well.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember during my time on Bristlebane, Club Fu guys always being “geared” but I was 16 or 17 with no real knowledge of ToV etc, so well geared to me then we’re warriors with Cobalt BPs.
That is correct: Club Fu was the dominant raiding guild on Bristlebane, at least well into Luclin (and I think at least partway into PoP also). Their biggest competitor/the #2 guild on the server was AO ("Arch Overseers" IIRC), and then I want to say that third place went to Ring of Scale ... but I might be misremembering that last one.

I wasn't in any of those guilds, but I had lots of IRL friends in both Fu and AO (more in Fu, because like half the guild played at a computer gaming center I went to).

Fun historical side note: the SOE staff tried to make Club Fu change their guild name (ie. "Club Fuck You"), but they managed to convince them (falsely) that it was Fu as in the Chinese "good luck" character, and so they got to keep it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-07-2018 at 03:51 PM..
Old 09-07-2018, 03:59 PM
Sarnak

Was Club fu , Ao , Ring of Valor , Circle of Legends. Bristlebane was a real fun time !
Old 09-07-2018, 04:08 PM
Large Rat

I was in AO back in like '99-00, had a lot of pals in each of the aforementioned guilds. Succoring Winds were fun people though.
Old 09-07-2018, 04:31 PM
Fire Giant

I remember <Valon> and <Clan Ta Veren> as #1 and ##2 with <Dawntreaders>, <Shadow Council> being the family style but with some raiding on Terris-Thule from '00-'06.

P99B Strazha (60 Warlock) [Iksar]
P99B Sstrix (60 Warlord) [Iksar]
P99B Sickjams (5 Bard) [EC Mule]
P99G Sauna (51 Channeler) [Gnome]
P99R Sseri (54 Mystic) [Iksar]
VZ/TZ '08-'09 Lurgort (60 Shaman) [Barbarian] <Eight Inches Unbuffed>
Last edited by Lurgort/Sseri; 09-07-2018 at 04:33 PM..
Old 09-07-2018, 04:37 PM
Kobold

I played on The Tribunal back in the day. <The Elitists> were the top guild on that server for all of classic up until around the GoD days. They were top 5 serverwide early on.
Old 09-07-2018, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Phantom Raiders on Bertoxx

Dragon Council.. I remember DC being widely hated and I wanted to join them or PR really bad then.

Prophesy too. Think those were our top 3.
Old 09-07-2018, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Inner Circle were the top guild on Xegony, I think. I heard those guys were top jerks, though, except my one warrior pal who taught me warrior stuff. He got a BFG in Velious and it was the coolest. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-07-2018, 05:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Inner Circle were the top guild on Xegony, I think. I heard those guys were top jerks, though, except my one warrior pal who taught me warrior stuff. He got a BFG in Velious and it was the coolest. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, Inner Circle and Jade Dragon for along while on Xegony
Old 09-07-2018, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnstar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was Club fu , Ao , Ring of Valor , Circle of Legends. Bristlebane was a real fun time !
Ring of Valor, that's right! I knew Ring of Scale was close but I couldn't remember the correct name.

And yeah, Bristlebane was a great server.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-07-2018 at 05:18 PM..
Closed Thread