Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 02-21-2024, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

I prefer progressively larger counterclockwise circular movements … gotta make sure even coverage of the smearing
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-21-2024, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Thank you for continuing to admit you are wrong via trolling.
Old 02-21-2024, 04:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just because something hasn't happened to you (or you didn't notice it), it doesn't mean it can't happen. I got 70 "fallen to the ground" messages out of 3221 FD attempts, which is also a rare occurrence.
You also don't even use a cancel autoattack-macro. Your data is trash.

Sucks to be wrong DSM. Move on with your life.
Old 02-21-2024, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You also don't even use a cancel autoattack-macro. Your data is trash.

Sucks to be wrong DSM. Move on with your life.
Seems like the only person who should move on is yourself.

I use a cancel autoattack macro on my Monk, and know how to turn auto attack off before FD on my SK. It's never an issue, except in your imagination where you want to see me fail for some strange reason.

Thank you for conceding via rage post.
Old 02-21-2024, 04:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disregarding severe lag surely this isn’t an issue for shadow knights who r necromancers due to the cast time on the various FD spels/clicks. Is there an instacast FD i’m not aware of?

/pause n, /attack off
/pause n, /doability #fd
/consider

Makes a good start to a fd macro for monk. Obviously lacks the functionality of greying out with reuse timer. I wonder whether it is possible to add that with custom UI.
Good point as well, not that it's ever happened on my monk either and I play from Europe with shit latency.

DSM is literally just reaching at straws because he can't deal with being twice wrong.
Old 02-21-2024, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good point as well, not that it's ever happened on my monk either and I play from Europe with shit latency.

DSM is literally just reaching at straws because he can't deal with being twice wrong.
Thank you for continuing to concede via rage post. Lack of rebuttal and insults are not a valid argument.
Old 02-21-2024, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

I love how he loves to thank people for conceding when no concession was given.

It’s a classic DSM_ism
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-21-2024, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I use a cancel autoattack macro on my Monk, and know how to turn auto attack off before FD on my SK. It's never an issue, except in your imagination where you want to see me fail for some strange reason.
When somebody gets so used to using a crutch that he can't function without it anymore, quite often he will convince himself that everyone else needs the same crutch, too. Of course it's not true, but it doesn't stop the formation of such perceptions. Hence why he would expect a person not doing it to fail.

Can't say I use /con to check FD fails though. Never seemed necessary to me. Either you get the fail message, or something that breaks feign is extremely obvious, like something landing a spell cast. /conn doesn't hurt but seems redundant if the player's already properly paying attention. I can think of some particularly tough splits where I was splitting stuff while being chain-blinded. All I had to use was hotkeys and audio. That's about as tough as conventional feign situations will get.
Old 02-21-2024, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love how he loves to thank people for conceding when no concession was given.

It’s a classic DSM_ism
You concede whenever you resort to trolling. It shows you cannot win the argument via logic and facts. If you could win the debate, you wouldn't troll. Trolling just ruins your credibility in the debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When somebody gets so used to using a crutch that he can't function without it anymore, quite often he will convince himself that everyone else needs the same crutch, too. Of course it's not true, but it doesn't stop the formation of such perceptions. Hence why he would expect a person not doing it to fail.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't say I use /con to check FD fails though. Never seemed necessary to me. Either you get the fail message, or something that breaks feign is extremely obvious, like something landing a spell cast. /conn doesn't hurt but seems redundant if the player's already properly paying attention. I can think of some particularly tough splits where I was splitting stuff while being chain-blinded. All I had to use was hotkeys and audio. That's about as tough as conventional feign situations will get.
I use /con in situations where I cannot see the mobs, like when they are around a wall. It's easier to see the colored text come up so I can quickly check what it says. Just taking a look at the "fallen to the ground" message, it is default colored white, like a lot of other text already is. That's probably one reason why I didn't notice it. /con is also nice if your chat is getting spammed somehow, and you don't want to spend the time scrolling up, you can just /con again to get a fresh message.

I agree there are obvious ways to check if FD fails as well without looking at messages, like checking if the mob is casting a spell or still attacking you.

Blind is the worst for sure. You should be able to have a GINA trigger on both /con and the "fallen to the ground" message if worried about those situations, or just press your FD hotkey and listen for getting hit sounds and/or casting sounds.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-21-2024 at 06:31 PM..
Old 02-25-2024, 08:59 AM
Fire Giant

FD fail is the #1 killer of monks doing eyeball pulls in tov, beware! The other #1 killer is getting tagged by an AoE procced by another FD failed monk while feigned yourself