Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 03:29 PM
Sarnak

Default Level 52 warrior - gearing advice going forward?

I hit level 52 the other day (which was one of my more significant goals, since evasive discipline is absurdly good), so now I'm wondering what sort of equipment upgrades I should be on the lookout for heading into Karnor / raids / etc. Ideally, I'm looking for upgrades that don't cost a fortune. As much as I'd love to have a runebranded girdle... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] well, let's just say earning money as a warrior is relatively difficult.

Here's my current setup. I'm at 980 displayed AC unbuffed with 2520 HP.

Head: Custom Champion's Helm
Face: Grotesque Alloy Mask
Ears: Cougar Claw Earrings
Vambraces: Champion's Vambraces
Chest: Champion's Breastplate
Legs: Champion's Greaves
Boots: Crystal Chitin Boots
Wrists: Ice Forged Shackles, Bracer of Scavenging
Belt: Mithril Plated Girth
Hands: SCHW
Neck: Spider Fur Collar
Shoulders: Barbed Dragonscale Pauldrons
Back: Cloak of the Maelstrom

My neck and bracer items are fairly cheap, but I'm struggling to find replacements. The collar has a fantastic 10 AC, and the belt adds a nice chunk of stats and decent AC.

Edit: Weapons are Frostbringer MH and Sarnak Warhammer OH.
Last edited by Soothsayer; 11-15-2017 at 03:32 PM..
Old 11-15-2017, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

What race?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What race?
Human. ^^
Old 11-15-2017, 04:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spider Fur Belt
Earring of Essence
Silvery Mask
Barbed Dragonscale Boots

Also, use evasive every time it is up and you are tanking - don't save it.
That belt seems like a sidegrade. Virtually identical AC, less HP, and trades strength for dex? Meh.

Earrings are nice, but they seem quite situational in terms of MR. Not sure how keen I am on sacrificing 8 AC and a chunk of my dex / strength for a bit more HP.

That mask is just meh. Mine has +5 MR on top of a bit more AC and a nice chunk of dex. Is 25 HP really worth throwing that away?

Those boots seem quite good, however...
Old 11-15-2017, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

I'd dump the Bracer of Scavenging for Silver Chitin Wristband. I'd also look to get a +6 neck from Western Wastes.

If it's within your budget, I'd also upgrade haste item to either waist or back item.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbintha Hood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd dump the Bracer of Scavenging for Silver Chitin Wristband. I'd also look to get a +6 neck from Western Wastes.

If it's within your budget, I'd also upgrade haste item to either waist or back item.
The only belt I know of aside from the skyplane haste belt is runebranded girdle, and even that is painfully expensive. FBSS and dragonborn sash offer next to no stats or AC, so replacing SCHW with those feels more like a downgrade.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:34 PM
Fire Giant

If you replace your hand haste item you can get Silver Steel Gauntlets for free with a couple friends. 80hp gloves for free , warrior only so people can't steal them from you.
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 11-15-2017, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

I think you are in a very good way for your level!

Make friends in Western Wastes, kill +6 dragons for a necklace and to farm heads. Join the Scout party that happens every 10 hours for your bracers of battle.

Get your giant factioned friend who collected the dragon heads to turn in for barbed dragonscale boots for you.

Also watch out for people going into Dragon Necropolis; you could offer to help in exchange for a rotting infestation.

WW has hot and cold times, you can't spend all the time there. You could do ABC in Seb at your level for a chance at haste belt and truncheon of doom. You'll find groups more reliably in KC though. Reasonable money to be made at hands if you want to purchase upgrades.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Next step upgrades at this point are mostly free, which can open up some plat for better items elsewhere. You will need a good group or raid to get them though.

Crap sky rot belt and silver steel gaunts is better than schw and mith girdle/spider belt imo (also free)

Barbed dragonscale boots net you like 120hp, get em.

SCWB ×2 are solid items to work towards. Great AC and HP for wrists, Champ wrists are almost as good, but will cost you like 1800 in gems that you will never get back. SCWB are an easy resell.

There arent many good options for masks, crystal spider eyes are 8 ac and 35 hp, but enshrouded veil has that +10 FR.

Go get a +5 or +6 dragon neck as soon as you can... and don't pay for it... those dragons are always up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you are in a very good way for your level!

Make friends in Western Wastes, kill +6 dragons for a necklace and to farm heads. Join the Scout party that happens every 10 hours for your bracers of battle.

Get your giant factioned friend who collected the dragon heads to turn in for barbed dragonscale boots for you.

Also watch out for people going into Dragon Necropolis; you could offer to help in exchange for a rotting infestation.

WW has hot and cold times, you can't spend all the time there. You could do ABC in Seb at your level for a chance at haste belt and truncheon of doom. You'll find groups more reliably in KC though. Reasonable money to be made at hands if you want to purchase upgrades.
Thanks for the advice. Out of curiosity, what are bracers of battle? The only bracers of battle I've heard of drop in Crushbone, and those are... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, the dragon necklaces mentioned give less AC than my current neck. How do I know when to sacrifice AC for HP and vice versa? If 4 AC makes an enemy hit for 15 damage instead of 150 slightly more often, is AC not the clear winner in most cases?
Closed Thread