Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 12:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right - only your price is the true price. Everyone else is a scammer. I bet you get great deals pitching that in the tunnel.

Fix the wiki? What was wrong with it?

I've only checked posts after 2012, but there is zero deceptive information on the Scute Shield wiki page. Can see for yourself https://wiki.project1999.com/index.p...action=history

People added more info to make it clear the illusion isn't a part of the item, but neither the item description and nor the text (in the last 8 years) ever said it's an illusion clicky.

Conclusion:
+1 DMN Points for egregiously calling someone a scammer because you don't like their price
-1 Wiki Points point for an ignorant comment on wiki being "fixed" when it was never "broke"
You take this game way too seriously
Old 03-14-2020, 12:10 AM
Banned

How is this shield better than CMM or charred? 18k ffg or 9 sta? Its obvious they hope suckers will think it gives the illusion.
Old 03-14-2020, 01:54 AM
Planar Protector

I think that

1. its a super low level ultra rare find, so it got famous fast in classic.
2. its got 15 sta, for a low level item back in the day those were big numbers.
3. it had that unique graphic that looks like a kite shield, but special and looks like an upside down cross.

I think those things created a sense of status for it, and so it sold for high prices.

Up until p99 has time to look at it through a magnifying glass for years and years haha
Old 03-14-2020, 02:13 AM
Banned

It’s got a cross on it for the Christian folks. They’re used to paying lots of money for false illusions.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:57 AM
Banned

The irony is the guy that made this thread spends weeks farming GBSs to sell for 20k+ when people could just buy a Stein. Should probably report him to Sirken.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrakes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The irony is the guy that made this thread spends weeks farming GBSs to sell for 20k+ when people could just buy a Stein. Should probably report him to Sirken.
Yeah but thats a cup
Old 03-14-2020, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

I would want a scute shield just because it comes off an armadillo and has a bad ass name.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:50 AM
Fire Giant

Great alternative for those that can use is the Giant Laceless Sandal. Not as good but you get the benefit of holding a giant's sandal as a shield!

Unfortunately it has a funky smell so merchants don't like to deal with you :-(

http://wiki.project1999.com/Gaint_Laceless_Sandal
Old 03-14-2020, 11:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but thats a cup
I agree, I will never own a cup on Green since I was blessed with a GBS on day two. But I'm talking about regular people, the kind of people that care about 18k.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would want a scute shield just because it comes off an armadillo and has a bad ass name.
Yea!
Closed Thread