Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 03:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by radbeard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they will nibble at the smallest margins to nerf seafury and large blocks of ore drop rates but they will never diverge so far as to change the mechanical landscape of raiding. If it were truly arbitrary you would see big and small changes.

I guess that raises a question, what is the single biggest change on p99 from classic era that was implemented?
I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not. There have been a TON of big and small non-classic changes. Ask any necro how they're enjoying lifetap spells or ask an SK what their average HT hits for on a raid target.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:58 AM
Banned

go outside you godamn heathens
Old 11-06-2020, 01:40 PM
Kobold

O.M.G....

The OP has just posted the absolute stupidest and idiotic post ever.

Imagine being so upset about the ban that you even suggest somehow the people who run P99 are doing something wrong by banning a bunch off asshats from a game, and then crying, "Oh the social injustice of denying people in a pandemic the ability to play on their private server. They must have some game to play and P99 is so mean not to give them something to do during lockdown!! It's so irresponsible!!"

I got news for you buddy. It's not their responsibility for them to do anything for you or provide you with anything at all. That's on you.

Socially irresponsible...... SERIOUSLY??? GTFO, go outside, and return when you have grown up.

To even suggest that the P99 people have some kind of social responsibility to let people play their game is beyond ludicrous and silly.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 11-06-2020, 03:30 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The issue isn’t Riot, AG, and Freedom. Take them out of the equation and soon enough Kittens and TSS or two or three other random guilds will ban together and the same shit would happen. The competition at the top is cutthroat and these raiders play for keeps. The ReAl issue is that there are not enough Raid targets for the amount of lvl 60s on blue.

Keep deluding yourself, buddy. I'm sure the GM's will take enough pitty on your little raidless emotional meltdown to pretend to believe it.
Old 11-06-2020, 04:55 PM
Fire Giant

Hey bub, it's always important to consider the responsibility we all have to other humans. A lot of people in our little community are struggling IRL right now, and this is their escape.

When there are so many other ways to handle this, why chose a route that could cause more harm than good?

The fervent anger in your response shows me you're hurting and hints at a lack of understanding of the situation. Basically the same 30 people (regardless of the guilds they've been in) have been arguing and competing with each other for years now. They are also the ones coming up with the new plan.

The other 400ish of us are just here to hang with friends and enjoy the game just like you. However, they way we like to enjoy the game is to play with a big community of people at the same time. And as far as i know the only way to actually play the game with 60-100 people at once and in the same place is by raiding.

And unless you raid a lot, which it sounds like you might not, you likely don't understand the "party" style atmosphere that starts to brew when the raid gets going. That atmosphere is simply something you don't don't and can't get in a 6 person party grinding somewhere or simply from guild chat.

And that's what i'm talking about, when the thing you do every Friday/Saturday night goes away suddenly and you have zero control over if it comes back and no idea if it will come back, AND you've been isolated due to the pandemic AND your country is undergoing big changes that in some cases make people feel even more isolated. It'd be nice to have your hobby still. However, currently it's been snatched away and the only real info you have to go on is a meme of a russian hockey player and all the "non-toxic" players trying to rub it in your face.

Show some compassion, you'll find you can actually learn a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomacles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
O.M.G....

The OP has just posted the absolute stupidest and idiotic post ever.

Imagine being so upset about the ban that you even suggest somehow the people who run P99 are doing something wrong by banning a bunch off asshats from a game, and then crying, "Oh the social injustice of denying people in a pandemic the ability to play on their private server. They must have some game to play and P99 is so mean not to give them something to do during lockdown!! It's so irresponsible!!"

I got news for you buddy. It's not their responsibility for them to do anything for you or provide you with anything at all. That's on you.

Socially irresponsible...... SERIOUSLY??? GTFO, go outside, and return when you have grown up.

To even suggest that the P99 people have some kind of social responsibility to let people play their game is beyond ludicrous and silly.
Last edited by Naerron; 11-06-2020 at 05:19 PM.. Reason: horrible sentence structure
Old 11-06-2020, 05:09 PM
Fire Giant

Also...would like to address the popular comment of "go outside"

Take a second here folks. First off, there are a large amount of people in our community that play this game because of a disability that does not make this easy during normal times.

Secondly, there is a pandemic happening. If you live in a large city, there isn't really many places to go right now, and it's not really smart to just be out and about for no reason. In my town even the parks have had the swings removed or are outright closed.

So, again, if these were normal times i wouldn't have made this post, but it's not normal times and i'm not here for my own self interest, I can post a screenshot of my 30-60-90 day RA if you need proof. I have friends that aren't doing well, which means i know others are in the same boat.

I don't mind your pot shots and rage posts though, so, you're not gonna bully me out of being a good person.
Old 11-07-2020, 04:35 AM
Sarnak

if this was a first offense then your thoughts are quite reasonable. if this was a second or third then likewise. As this is an occurance that has been happening multiple times a year for several years and has happened before during this pandemic at least once and likely more, I think the GMs are justified in upping the stakes. the same people keep causing problems over and over and never learn. They chose to make the raiding scene toxic on this server. Sure it's exasperated by the number of players on the server but if your sense of worth and livelyhood comes from a 20 year old elf simulator and the only way to support that sense of self is to trample on others, then you might have issues the elf sim cannot solve.
Old 11-07-2020, 04:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naerron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey bub, it's always important to consider the responsibility we all have to other humans. A lot of people in our little community are struggling IRL right now, and this is their escape.

When there are so many other ways to handle this, why chose a route that could cause more harm than good?

The fervent anger in your response shows me you're hurting and hints at a lack of understanding of the situation. Basically the same 30 people (regardless of the guilds they've been in) have been arguing and competing with each other for years now. They are also the ones coming up with the new plan.

The other 400ish of us are just here to hang with friends and enjoy the game just like you. However, they way we like to enjoy the game is to play with a big community of people at the same time. And as far as i know the only way to actually play the game with 60-100 people at once and in the same place is by raiding.

And unless you raid a lot, which it sounds like you might not, you likely don't understand the "party" style atmosphere that starts to brew when the raid gets going. That atmosphere is simply something you don't don't and can't get in a 6 person party grinding somewhere or simply from guild chat.

And that's what i'm talking about, when the thing you do every Friday/Saturday night goes away suddenly and you have zero control over if it comes back and no idea if it will come back, AND you've been isolated due to the pandemic AND your country is undergoing big changes that in some cases make people feel even more isolated. It'd be nice to have your hobby still. However, currently it's been snatched away and the only real info you have to go on is a meme of a russian hockey player and all the "non-toxic" players trying to rub it in your face.

Show some compassion, you'll find you can actually learn a lot.
sorry you don't got raids, be less toxic
Old 11-07-2020, 06:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by beversami [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are the ones keeping you from raiding right now.
So you agree with me that the ban is a lazy punishment hurting more people than it’s helping and based on your response is having the opposite effect and fostering toxicity. Thank you for confirming I am right. Be blessed.
Old 11-07-2020, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

One hundred years ago there were very few ways of entertaining oneself indoors while a virus spread. If people in this community are that insulated, and they are waiting to be unsuspended, it's not like there aren't a ton of cheap games over on steam. Another option? Do research to contribute to the project. Both are good distractions.
Closed Thread