Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 03:04 PM
Orc

Default Least amount of stress?

Hey guys just returned on my lvl 13 Enchanter.

1) Forgot how hard this game actually is
2) Enchanters are not easy to play.

My enchanter is getting killed all the time. My charms never hold and then I get killed. It’s a death fest lol. This class is way too stressful for me. And dieing all the time is stressful especially when you ding, die and lose your level.... lol

I’m a new player with no plat. I’m not trying to be min\max l33t. I just want to check out this game, free to solo or group and get to some zones I’ve never gotten to on live. I don’t think an enchanter is for me. It’s way to fragile of a class and messing up once always gets me killed.., and let alone I feel like all I’m doing is sitting 24/7 meditating. Every time I kill something I might as well go afk for 5 mins to regain my mana.. it’s kinda ridiculous.

What’s a real durable, user friendly easy class to play that isn’t going to die all the time and preferably not having to spend my whole day staring at my char sitting all the time thru atrocious med timers.

I don’t mind not having money. I can farm as I level, but this is too much of a pain in the ass with this chanter. It defeats the whole reason why I’m playing a video game lol. Just to go from 12-13 this morning was like the most stressful morning I’ve had in a long time LOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-13-2018, 03:14 PM
Banned

Hmmm.. Any class requiring mana will be doing some significant time medding.. But you're right, Enchanter is a squishy, complicated class.. That being said, you have a few options..
Necro- Great solo, fun bag of tricks.. Has options for increased mana regen.. Cheap to gear.

Shaman- Great solo, but can be expensive to gear, especially towards end game. Also has options for increased mana regen.

Druid- Great Solo, cheap to gear, great money maker for a first toon. Good choice here for you.

Ranger- Also a great choice. Similar spells choices as druid, but you also get to melee. Smaller mana pool will require less time medding.

SK- Could be great, but would require some money to be awesome. Any tank class will require some decent money to blow on gear.

All depends on what u have time for too.. Solo and need to be able to log off whenever.. Go druid..

Got time, want to group a bit? Go ranger.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:17 PM
Banned

If you're okay with never, ever soloing then Rogue is probably the most stress free class.

You don't have to pull.

You don't have to save anyone.

You don't have to crowd control.

All that is required of you is to stab. Stab em good.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:26 PM
Orc

No I need to be able to solo lol. I like the shaman class but don’t like the evil races or the barbarian pixels and if I’m gunna be staring at them pixels, I better like them haha. I like the ideas of Druids and Rangers. Maybe I’ll try a ranger, seems versatile and can give me a little bit of everything. Cool dual wield, melee, casting, healing. Wouldn’t not having money for powerful gear not make any ‘real’ difference because the mobs weren’t designed around everyone being twinkled?
Old 11-13-2018, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're okay with never, ever soloing then Rogue is probably the most stress free class.

You don't have to pull.

You don't have to save anyone.

You don't have to crowd control.

All that is required of you is to stab. Stab em good.
Yeah this is definitely true.. Rogues are pretty simple.. Straight DPS, avoid stealing agro from tank, and go fetch corpses from crappy areas.. These are your only responsibilities. Your epic will also be affordable even for a casual player with enough time.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:28 PM
Sarnak

Stick it out a bit longer with the enchanter, it will start to get easier.
And the amount of plat required to fill your gear slots with items that will take you all the way to 60 (quickly and solo) is very minimal.

+cha gear is very cheap.

Second option would be a necro.
Being able to FD when shit goes sour is great.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:31 PM
Orc

Yeah I won’t delete him. But if every session is super stressful I’m gunna roll a ranger and see how I feel playing it. That’s important for me. I want to leave my playing sessions feeling like I had fun and accomplished something ��
Old 11-13-2018, 03:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylingpat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I need to be able to solo lol. I like the shaman class but don’t like the evil races or the barbarian pixels and if I’m gunna be staring at them pixels, I better like them haha. I like the ideas of Druids and Rangers. Maybe I’ll try a ranger, seems versatile and can give me a little bit of everything. Cool dual wield, melee, casting, healing. Wouldn’t not having money for powerful gear not make any ‘real’ difference because the mobs weren’t designed around everyone being twinkled?
It all depends on the class and situation really.. But nothing should stop you from doing anything in the game under normal circumstances on your grind to 60.. But yes there are some things you won't be able to do without some twinkage. This game being stuck at velious for so long has cause some serious money to be passed around. But yeah i mean I've heard of some crazy solo stuff going on, stuff that couldn't be done without the gear and clickies they had. But most are extreme cases..

Ranger is a great choice man. Your spells will help keep you alive and keep things fun. and you'll have some extra stats to keep ya upright! Ur a Druid Warrior, go give'em hell!! And if you need some starting funds, just holler at me in game "Athemis" or send me a PM and i'll try and meet up to get ya started!
Old 11-13-2018, 03:39 PM
Banned

Unfortunately, without twinking, every class played solo is going to have to stop and /sit.

I think you're probably trying to play the game too quickly. Try to think about your approach in terms of efficiency, not speed.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylingpat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would recommend Druid. You can also port people for cash to twink out another character too, so it's a great starting class.

You can solo, and they're relatively stress free grouping too.

Shaman is another good choice.

So is Necro.
Closed Thread