Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Fire Giant

What i am saying is, we are all volunteers. You do not pay a monthly subscription to play here. The server would be developed with or without you playing. The staff does not abuse anyone. If you play by the rules you will most likely never even see a single one of us. This project is to recreate the classic experience, and not how many cocks we can suck at once.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSJR2010 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could we get a poll on how player feel about the staff runnning this game?..I also have had some bad run in with a few of your staff members and would like to talk about it in public.
It's very rare that a thread like this one comes along simply because if people are happy, they say thanks at the end of their interaction with the GM's and then get on with their gaming. The majority of the threads that you're going to see are the negative ones (like this) where someone has simply whined behind the shield of the internet and felt like doing that has given them the higher ground. Despite the fact that the negative threads outnumber the positive threads by a bajillion to one, it's most likely very disproportionate of the opinions on p1999.

That said, if you want to talk about your experience then make a new thread but make it constructive and don't just sit and whine.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll just throw a wild guess out there - because his posts were not complaining about the game in a way that encourages growth or has any kind of meaningful content - it's just bare ass flames. You're acting like the guy I was quoting was offering meaningful input. He wasn't.

There are designed channels for input to go, and if you have even a consequential point at all, they've always listened. If you just whine and flame without meaning, expect to be ignored and your posts deleted.

I entertain that thought momentarily, then I examine the evidence. It's pretty clear people aren't being "chased off" by banned 2boxers/dupers/exploiters or people who don't know how to talk like adults when providing feedback.

You've provided no new evidence.

Haha, I think a poll would work against you, bud. You'll find that roughly 70-90 percent of the people in this game have absolutely no problem with the staff. Have you seen all those staff appreciation threads?

Do you really have problems with the staff every single time you log on to kill fire beetles? Does the staff train Fippy Darkpaw on you every time or something?

Or did you have an isolated incident that comprised less than 0.1 percent of your playtime (where you were likely breaking well-understood rules), and are somehow arguing that your entire experience in the game is ruined based on that small experience? If you were banned without warrant, why not deal with the GMs personally, you know, like an adult?

Then run the Poll and proof me wrong!!! Most player I have spoke with are very unhappy with the way the server is being run.This forum was made for players to talk about game between each others.This includes how they are being treated by players and staff.Run the Poll and I will never post a thing about staff again if I'm wrong.Make the poll I loss I will send 1k USD to server for support.Take the challange what you got loss.
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL
LOLOL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What i am saying is, we are all volunteers. You do not pay a monthly subscription to play here. The server would be developed with or without you playing. The staff does not abuse anyone. If you play by the rules you will most likely never even see a single one of us. This project is to recreate the classic experience, and not how many cocks we can suck at once.
What project are you working on? it sure isn't P99...
Old 10-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Aviak

really not sure how people do it
i login play the game have some fun log out again it really is that simple the only time iv spoken to a GM is when i reported a bug in qeynos catacombs which was swiftly sorted out

the people who have had probs with GMs / bad mouth the game are people who go looking for trouble (attention seekers)
Old 10-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what I meant about being a bit jaded. Most of the player population respects all of you, and are extremely appreciative of what you do. Unfortunately, you tend not to hear from those people.

Fuck the minority of cocksuckers that give you a hard time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
really not sure how people do it
i login play the game have some fun log out again it really is that simple the only time iv spoken to a GM is when i reported a bug in qeynos catacombs which was swiftly sorted out

the people who have had probs with GMs / bad mouth the game are people who go looking for trouble (attention seekers)
No diss,But have you been to end game yet?Maybe fear/hate/sky tried get a piece of planer gear maybe a FBSS?Just wondering.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what I meant about being a bit jaded. Most of the player population respects all of you, and are extremely appreciative of what you do. Unfortunately, you tend not to hear from those people.

Fuck the minority of cocksuckers that give you a hard time.
We hear you. Especialy since those people are the majority of the server. Appreciating a classic game, having fun. Why do you think we are all still here, doing volunteer work? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] *imagin CSI miami soundtrack now*
Old 10-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSJR2010 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most player I have spoke with are very unhappy with the way the server is being run.
1) This doesn't qualify as evidence. Go ahead and calculate the percentage of people you've spoken to as a number of the total population of the server.

For what its worth, most of the people I talk to are delighted with the server and want it run exactly as it is.

Quote:
This forum was made for players to talk about game between each others.
No it wasn't. R&F&NSFW was created as an outlet for venting. Certain sections of the forums were created for meaningful discussion about tech issues, and Server Chat appears to have been designed as a catch-all for those things which do not fit other criteria. This post, briefly summarized: "OMG THIS SERVER SUX UTHGAARD IS ARROGANT ROGEAN SHOULD FIRE HIM"

That doesn't qualify as anything except rants and flames, hence why the post was forceably moved here.

Quote:
This includes how they are being treated by players and staff.
I'm sorry, did the staff hurt your feelings? Should they pay your psychiatric bills? Cmon. Grow up.

Quote:
Run the Poll and I will never post a thing about staff again if I'm wrong.Make the poll I loss I will send 1k USD to server for support.Take the challange what you got loss.
I personally don't care if you post again. I'll discuss it with you, but you're not discussing reasons why the staff "mistreat" people. You're just saying that you have a right to say the staff mistreat people. You do, and they have the right to delete posts they don't like.

Go ahead and make the post. Explain why they mistreat people, concretely. Let's see what kind of huge grievances you have that are such a huge deal.

You both have those rights - in this case, their rights are greater than yours. That's the way it works - are you the owner of this forum? Nope.

Did your parents ever just tell you "no" and say that you didn't deserve an explanation why every time they say "no"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Closed Thread