Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Kobold

Default Stuck in air jumping

I don't remember this bug from original EQ, but now about 1/3 of the time I jump (yes I've totally stopped now, at least intentionally), when I jump I get stuck in the air at the top of my jump. At that point I can't move anymore, although I can spin around.

I haven't found anything that clears it, sitting, standing, moving with mouse or keyboard, going /follow on someone, nada. I have to camp to clear it. Anyone else seeing this? I searched the board, didn't find any mention of it.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:02 PM
Project Manager

I've never had that happen to me.

Post details..

What client are you using?
What type of OS are you using?
Where does this occur? Everywhere?
Have you experienced this with more than one character?
Old 03-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

This happens to me a lot too. I think it only happens when you jump while standing still. /rewind fixes it though. Using titanium on 7, obv

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Old 03-16-2011, 06:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never had that happen to me.

Post details..

What client are you using?
What type of OS are you using?
Where does this occur? Everywhere?
Have you experienced this with more than one character?
I'm using Titanium with Duxa's installer, Win 7 64, and it has occurred everywhere I've been with my two little baby characters, which is Gfay/Felwithe/Neriak/Nektulos.

And yes experienced it on both characters.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihealyou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This happens to me a lot too. I think it only happens when you jump while standing still. /rewind fixes it though. Using titanium on 7, obv
I'm pretty sure you're right, I think in every case where I got stuck, I jumped while standing still. I will try /rewind next time.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Kobold

Any more thoughts on fixing this one? Since I know the /rewind command fixes it when it occurs, I've experimented with it a bit more, and it's 100% reproducible for me. Stand still and jump, stuck in air.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by vossiewulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any more thoughts on fixing this one? Since I know the /rewind command fixes it when it occurs, I've experimented with it a bit more, and it's 100% reproducible for me. Stand still and jump, stuck in air.
No idea man,

have you tried reinstalling the game?
Old 03-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Kobold

Not sure how that would make a difference, it was clean Titanium + your installer and everything else works fine, I'm thinking it's a win 7 x64 issue. And it's not a huge deal to me at this point, as noted /rewind gets me out of it. Just thought I'd ask if this was going to be looked at or not, since other people are reporting the same thing, and those people (like me) may not know about /rewind. I'd totally forgotten about that until IHealYou mentioned it above.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by vossiewulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure how that would make a difference, it was clean Titanium + your installer and everything else works fine, I'm thinking it's a win 7 x64 issue. And it's not a huge deal to me at this point, as noted /rewind gets me out of it. Just thought I'd ask if this was going to be looked at or not, since other people are reporting the same thing, and those people (like me) may not know about /rewind. I'd totally forgotten about that until IHealYou mentioned it above.
is the game installed in program files? perhaps a UAC issue with Windows 7?
Old 04-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Kobold

I didn't see this listed as a fix on the patch notes, but it's not happening anymore, at least to me. Was this fixed?