Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 08:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Riot has 234 members that have made a single raid in the last 30 days (which is basically the entire guild since we've been existence for just over a month).

Amazingly, according to Aftermath's DKP site, they have exactly 234 members that have made a single raid in the last 30 days.

I imagine there's some inactive folks on Aftermath's roster that would increase their numbers by a lot, and there are some inactives in Riot too.

Anyway, Aftermath likes to make a point that we team up with other guilds on some targets and that we have to "share loot with other guilds." We see it as having fun with friends - and some of our friends are in other guilds. PS and Core, the two guilds that founded Riot, had a long history of team-ups and working with other guilds (even AM - PS-AM teamups on AoW were a thing in like.. 2017!) Heck, we even teamed up with Aftermath on the last quake to kill Vyemm and Vulak. We've been flying solo more often now due to numbers and coordination (we're still learning everyone's name, voice, skills, etc. within Riot - we haven't been the phalanx training together for years) but we've not closed the door to working with other guilds and sometimes do so for bigger/more challenging/odd hour spawns. We also enjoy a fair and fun competition - it sucks to lose but there's good fun in the race too.

We don't see working together with other guilds (either as part of an alliance to kill a target or as part of a rotation or agreement) as a net loss for us, but I suppose that's just a difference in philosophy. "Denying your enemy of pixels" is not the end goal philosophy of <Riot>
As the leader of such a large guild you will eventually have to deal with the drama of your underlings who will not be content with sharing loot to smaller guilds forever. Riot is plenty strong to stand on their own, and a rude awakening is ultimately coming for AG and BG if they continue to rely piggybacking on other guilds.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:51 PM
Kobold

If AG, BG, and some of the other guilds allied together the server could see a 3rd zerg guild. That would be interesting, but I don't know enough about the politics of all those guilds to understand why they don't.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:55 PM
Kobold

Join my guild on Green server
Old 06-15-2019, 09:04 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-15-2019, 09:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyyoukickmydog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If AG, BG, and some of the other guilds allied together the server could see a 3rd zerg guild. That would be interesting, but I don't know enough about the politics of all those guilds to understand why they don't.
Different people have different goals.

A lot has been made of PS “giving up its values” in merging with Core. But I think that’s a misunderstanding of our most fundamental value - playing and having fun with our buds.

The meta changed and the structure we had was not going to be fun, and eventually, some of our friends would leave because it was less fun. So we made a call to “keep the band together” and play and have fun with friends - old and new.

Fundamentally, the merger has been successful and not just because of pixels. Shortly before the meta change I had grown really disillusioned and unhappy with the raid scene. I wasn’t having fun. Now, even when Riot loses mobs I have fun because I’m actively playing the game. The encounters are still often challenging and the content we’re doing requires significant skill and coordination. It’s fun to organize, and BS with that group. And I’ve made friends with a lot of new people.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A lot has been made of PS “giving up its values” in merging with Core. But I think that’s a misunderstanding of our most fundamental value - playing and having fun with our buds.

The meta changed and the structure we had was not going to be fun, and eventually, some of our friends would leave because it was less fun. So we made a call to “keep the band together” and play and have fun with friends - old and new.

Fundamentally, the merger has been successful and not just because of pixels. Shortly before the meta change I had grown really disillusioned and unhappy with the raid scene. I wasn’t having fun. Now, even when Riot loses mobs I have fun because I’m actively playing the game. The encounters are still often challenging and the content we’re doing requires significant skill and coordination. It’s fun to organize, and BS with that group. And I’ve made friends with a lot of new people.
I'm honestly happy that you're happy. If people on the server become unhappy and leave, then the server will cease to be fun for everyone.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I can't wait to see what the next 6 months are like for you. See ya on the killing fields [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-15-2019, 11:03 PM
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tLxb5rtmyM
Old 06-16-2019, 01:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyyoukickmydog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...and a rude awakening is ultimately coming for AG and BG if they continue to rely piggybacking on other guilds.
AG did A LOT of teaming with Riot in their early inception, AG still teams with Riot from time to time. We’re well aware that Riot has grown to have their sea legs and can easily stand on their own and don’t need to team up often anymore. Not really a rude awakening at all, tbh. So....point?

<Gravity>
Old 06-16-2019, 01:54 AM
Aviak

How many people have gone from BG AG Riot to AM ?
How many AM have gone to Riot BG or AG?
Closed Thread