Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: do you think the current VP rules are bullshit?
yes 327 68.99%
no 147 31.01%
Voters: 474. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is quite bewildering that the endzone of kunark receives such little care and attention.

Should we conclude that the endzones of velious will similarily receive as little attention? Worrying.
This is exactly why I'm not very excited for the release of velious on this server.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 09-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is quite bewildering that the endzone of kunark receives such little care and attention.

Should we conclude that the endzones of velious will similarily receive as little attention? Worrying.
I was referring to the pathing and gave the best reason as to why it is the way it is. The dragons and mobs hit boxes, abilities, etc have all been updated and tweeked a few times.

Velious is an entire different thing, it's the last planned expansion and there (at the moment) isn't any drama circling the pathing dev afaik.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by velioussales99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's very obvious.
this poll alone speaks otherwise.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitpoint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's obvious that everyone except tmo thinks this rule is trash, and it isn't even classic. So why is it still allowed? What is it going to take for the GMs to change their stance on this?
Wondering what it takes myself, really. I mean, at this point more competition in the raid scene would benefit the server as a whole. The current rules in VP destroy competition, and basically only benefit one guild. It's almost a joke to me at this point. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 09-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wondering what it takes myself, really. I mean, at this point more competition in the raid scene would benefit the server as a whole. The current rules in VP destroy competition, and basically only benefit one guild. It's almost a joke to me at this point. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except, you already know what it's going to take.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellapse21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would train Alarti in RL
You wouldnt do shit.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The current rules in VP destroy competition, and basically only benefit one guild. It's almost a joke to me at this point. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually on the contrary they provoke competition. It's just a form most people on the server are too spineless to carry out. The carebear mentality you enerds have developed is that training in a zone, where training is allowed mind you, is morally undignified. Makes sense right? And why is everyone worried about VP when you can't even kill trak consistently? If FE actually killed Trak everytime they engaged him, you would have more keys than TMO. However, you sadly engage too early or just wipe for w/e reasons usually. Maybe before you throw bitch fits about VP kill the big lizard first?
Old 09-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was referring to the pathing and gave the best reason as to why it is the way it is. The dragons and mobs hit boxes, abilities, etc have all been updated and tweeked a few times.

Velious is an entire different thing, it's the last planned expansion and there (at the moment) isn't any drama circling the pathing dev afaik.
I appreciate that (I think I was refering to the pathing too). And obviously you're not staff so anything said here is based on players experience, again something you're probably more qualified at than most all things considered.

And fwiw I don't blame the staff at all. They stay out of these discussion, and never give timetables or finish dates for obvious reasons.

But still. It is perplexing that the endzone (really is worth stressing that I feel) of Kunark just hasn't been sorted out after all this time.

Even if training were never to be discarded in there it would make sense, to my mind atleast, to make that a bit more challenging. As it currently stands (as far as I know) there's very little skill invovled in being able to dump trains on others and live fairly easily. The staff don't appear to be adverse to the train situation, prossibly as a result of their non pve background, but I think it would be beneficial to address the pathing issues comprehensively to atleast add some element of skill.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellapse21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After I trained you I would pee on you
Old 09-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsmurf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually on the contrary they provoke competition. It's just a form most people on the server are too spineless to carry out. The carebear mentality you enerds have developed is that training in a zone, where training is allowed mind you, is morally undignified. Makes sense right? And why is everyone worried about VP when you can't even kill trak consistently? If FE actually killed Trak everytime they engaged him, you would have more keys than TMO. However, you sadly engage too early or just wipe for w/e reasons usually. Maybe before you throw bitch fits about VP kill the big lizard first?
The problem is that training shouldn't be allowed in VP, especially if we are trying to emulate classic live as closely as possible.

Also, FE has killed trak plenty of times but that has nothing to do with this thread or the flawed rules which it was meant to discuss.

If training in VP "provokes" competition, then how come anyone with a VP key that isn't in tmo pretty much refuses to zone into VP? Your post makes no sense at all.

Bring classic rules to VP and you will see an increase in competition in VP as well as other zones since removing training would force TMO to reprioritize their targets on repops and perhaps even through regular repops.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Closed Thread