Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 02:59 AM
Kobold

Default Necro Bone Chip Stacks

How many bone chip stacks should a young necro gather before heading out into the cold cruel world?
There's not a whole lot of skellies in most zones, and I would prefer not to have to collect chips while exploring/leveling etc.
It seems that it would best to gather up lots of chips before leaving the newbie zones. Is 25 stacks enough to last till mid levels given I don't lose my pet too many times?
Old 01-26-2020, 06:35 AM
Fire Giant

Should be plenty I would think. Something else you can do it mitigate your chip loss is to level in zones with Undead. Befallen and Najena come to mind.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 01-28-2020, 09:56 AM
Sarnak

It really depends on where you plan on hunting/advernturing. I always have a few stacks in teh bank and usually keep one stack in inventory.

Keep in mind, if you adventure in Befallen (a great zone with a high ZEM) you'll stock up on bonechips there.

You can always make an alt too who gets exp off those decaying skeletons to get you some stacks.
Old 01-28-2020, 02:51 PM
Orc

Gather all you can, and just buy some later. Poor newbs like myself need that 5 plat a stack or whatever they can get.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:17 PM
Fire Giant

25 stacks is way more then enough to last you until your late 20s early 30s for sure lol. That's ALOT of pets.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:30 PM
Kobold

I personally play in areas with skele's, considering many areas do have some skele's, so you might not even need a lot saved up, if any. I guess it depends on your area and level plan, but you could probably be sufficient without a large amount saved. I started with one stack and was self sufficient through farming some of them before I even ran out. You can obtain 2 bone chips within seconds in the majority of areas I can think of.
Old 02-04-2020, 05:24 AM
Kobold

Thanks for the responses.

I'm playing a human necro on green and I'm sort of following the road from Qeynos east (ignoring Blackburrow because that place is way overcrowded) until I get past the Karana's (level 20 or so) I don't bump into many skellies on the way, and I hate hogging bone chips in the newbie yard. I also tend to try and keep a max level pet ( yay reclaim energy) so I do tend to burn through bone chips. I don't have 25 stacks btw, but I thought that might be a good amount of chips to have until I work my way past Highpass.
Old 02-28-2020, 04:02 PM
Skeleton

There is a good bone farming spot that i found that is in North Ro right near the East Freeport zone line (where all the grass is and the 2 or 3 hunts).
Old 02-28-2020, 07:52 PM
Sarnak

Drazok is right about NRO, easy to get chips there.

Spend some time in early 20s farming gargoyles in oot. They drop eyes worth 10pp (sometimes drop none, sometimes drop 2). Their placeholders are skellies. A couple levels there will set you up for awhile. I'm 35 now and still have 8 stacks in the bank.

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 02-28-2020, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspomwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Drazok is right about NRO, easy to get chips there.

Spend some time in early 20s farming gargoyles in oot. They drop eyes worth 10pp (sometimes drop none, sometimes drop 2). Their placeholders are skellies. A couple levels there will set you up for awhile. I'm 35 now and still have 8 stacks in the bank.
Nice one, dude. Sounds like the garg grind has an extra benefit for necros and SKs.
Closed Thread