Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2020, 11:42 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Login Issues

This started in the last week or so.

Sometimes when I login, I get a blank server select screen. If I keep trying, I will eventually see servers. When I select blue, which is where I play, it waits for a while then kicks me back to the login screen.

Sometimes, if I keep trying, I can get to the character select screen. Often, when this happens, the last character I played is not selected but the one at the top of the alphabetical list is selected. Sometimes, I can select my character and enter and can get into the game. Usually, though, the game crashes at this point and I have to relaunch the client and the blank server select/unknown error/ etc cycle starts again.

I have searched the forums but see no problems like mine. Some say that if I use vpn to connect, this fixes the problem. I use nordvpn and whether or not I use the vpn makes no difference.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? As recently as last weekend, February 8th and 9th, I had no issues connecting. I can't play a lot during the week so I tried to login on Friday the 14th and had no issues but I tried Saturday the 15th and had the issues but I was able to persevere and was able to eventually get in.

I've tried re-installing the latest patch files, rebooting, restarting my modem and router, etc. and nothing seems to help.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:31 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Does no one else have this issue?
Old 02-18-2020, 09:14 PM
Orc

There was a temporary issue related to the login server a week or two ago, but it has been resolved for some time now and (most) players can connect without issue.

Have you attempted a freshly patched Titanium install? This may be your best bet at narrowing down the issue from a server problem to a local one since you can safely assume its a problem with your computer or network if the issue persists after the fresh install.
Old 02-22-2020, 01:13 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zharook99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This started in the last week or so.

Sometimes when I login, I get a blank server select screen. If I keep trying, I will eventually see servers. When I select blue, which is where I play, it waits for a while then kicks me back to the login screen.

Sometimes, if I keep trying, I can get to the character select screen. Often, when this happens, the last character I played is not selected but the one at the top of the alphabetical list is selected. Sometimes, I can select my character and enter and can get into the game. Usually, though, the game crashes at this point and I have to relaunch the client and the blank server select/unknown error/ etc cycle starts again.

I have searched the forums but see no problems like mine. Some say that if I use vpn to connect, this fixes the problem. I use nordvpn and whether or not I use the vpn makes no difference.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? As recently as last weekend, February 8th and 9th, I had no issues connecting. I can't play a lot during the week so I tried to login on Friday the 14th and had no issues but I tried Saturday the 15th and had the issues but I was able to persevere and was able to eventually get in.

I've tried re-installing the latest patch files, rebooting, restarting my modem and router, etc. and nothing seems to help.
I am currently experiencing the same problem and reinstalled the files and still no success. were u able to resolve this issue and if so, how?
Old 02-22-2020, 11:40 PM
Kobold

Had the issue a few weeks ago
Old 02-23-2020, 12:38 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by andjelko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am currently experiencing the same problem and reinstalled the files and still no success. were u able to resolve this issue and if so, how?
It started working more reliably a few days ago. It must have something to do with how I'm being routed to the server. The problems seem to be disconnects from the login server though I have a pretty good connection to other sites/servers.

I've always had intermittent issues similar to this but nothing as persistent as it was a few days ago.

I should say that I was able to make it work sometimes by shutting down the vpn connection or disconnecting one vpn connection and establishing another one. So maybe it was routing me over the internet in different ways.
Old 02-25-2020, 02:19 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I can't login. I keep getting a "DB Error - Invalid Password" even though I have confirmed my passwords both here and on EQ EMU neither password is letting my login any recommendations?
Closed Thread