Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-14-2020, 05:06 PM
Large Rat

Default Characters loading but world looks all gray

Greetings - I recently installed and was able to login, followed instructions and all, and the character select screen and world all show a gray screen, however, character models and particle effects are visible.

Can someone please provide any insight as to why this might be occurring?

Thank you for any help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (20.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 02-14-2020, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

When you applied the patch, did you replace everything (causing it to delete all existing files and only have patch files in the directories)?

Would explain all the missing textures if thats what happened. I looked in my RenderEffects folder and for MPL I have 50 files and SPL I have 79 files. You could check to see if you have near that or near empty folders to verify
Old 02-14-2020, 05:30 PM
Large Rat

I unzipped the patch file, and then copy/pasted everything into the Titanium main directory and selected the overwrite all files option, was this incorrect? Do I need to take care to delete any files that are not taken care of during the overwrite?

For both of those folders you mention, I have that exact # of files. A handful in each folder have a last modified date of today, and the remainder are last modified date from 2005.

Thank you for your time good sir.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Theres some operating systems that do a replace without merging. Doesnt look like thats the problem though.

You didnt get to level 4 like this did you?
Old 02-14-2020, 07:15 PM
Large Rat

Hehe no, was from a previous install on diff computer. Am using a Lenovo ThinkPad, i7 process @1.9 GHz, 16gb ram, NVIDIA Quadro P500. Did a fresh install and that didn't solve it either [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-14-2020, 07:21 PM
Large Rat

I also noticed when I update the options @ login screen, the only video card being shown is the Intel UHD Graphics 620, so I'm uncertain if this is the only thing being displayed as a fluke and the game is actually utilizing the graphics card or it's running off the garbage onboard video....
Old 02-14-2020, 09:26 PM
Orc

Editing this as I see you have a Laptop. Sorry if my original reply was misleading at all :P - You are likely seeing the Intel card due to missing drivers.

Download your laptop's video drivers here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx (I would have given you a direct link but I do not know what Windows version you are running).

If you already have your drivers installed you likely have a "discreet" MGPU which will become active when you start using graphically-intensive software. If this is the case you will probably need to do a fresh Titanium install then re-patch.
Last edited by Kemadin; 02-14-2020 at 09:36 PM..
Old 02-28-2020, 03:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Did you ever get this resolved as it looks exactly like the problem I am having
Old 02-28-2020, 09:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

ok so I have fixed this - I was not patching correctly

don't just copy the folders in the patch in to the everquest folder

go into each sub folder and copy files - I was overwriting the complete older directory in the folder and that was removing files that i needed (ie the textures)

so do a fresh install and repatch carefully