Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 05:09 PM
Kobold

Default Flopping against several casting mobs...

So I was camping Soothsayer Dregzak in Droga last week when the earthquake happened. My first time being in a populated area during an EQ, and didn't know what to expect. The text did say "get somewhere safe" so I didn't know if it was going to be a server shutdown or what.... my Gina timer expires, and nothing is spawning. I'm about to go invis, dropping pet and leave the camp because I don't want something bad to happen. Suddenly his PH spawns, I send pet in, then another spawn and another.

Suddenly pet is dead and I have 5 goblins on me, I run out the room agro'ing like 3 more on the way out and flop. Doesn't work because casters. I stand up and flop again, they keep attacking. Couldn't ever get a clean/successful FD out of like 15 attempts... Finally ran out of mana.

Long story short, I died and needed to get a rez at the bottom of Droga.

Question, how do you flop against multiple casters? Is there a way?

It was taking the gang of ~lvl 35 gobs quite a while to take me down, I /q'd hoping to be disconnected before they finished me, but no luck. Looking back almost a week later, I would have been smarter to just switch to OT hammer and hope for a proc....

/shrug
Old 02-14-2020, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Your best bet, indoor is to try to los the cast...
Old 02-14-2020, 05:29 PM
Sarnak

Interesting situation-- sorry you died! One thing that might have helped is using your Harmshield and/or Quivering Veil (I usually have HS on my spell bar, but I'm admittedly pretty cautious). This would at least let the casters dump some/much of their mana whilst you're invulnerable.

Otherwise, depending on location and your movement speed, getting around a corner will force the casters to have to move/"chase" you (line of sight), creating a small gap wherein you might be able to get a FD cast off.

As for the OT hammer, funny enough, I've seen someone escape death down in HS with like 4% health with an OT hammer proc
Old 02-14-2020, 05:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
depending on location and your movement speed,
I had been there a while, so normal movement (no SoW or JBoots indoors) and encumbered (the perfect storm). Yes, I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to lose LoS, but it only agro'd more goblins.

SK don't get Harmshield in P99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Get Diamondskin for a peridot per cast. But I don't keep it loaded.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

You should have rooted them, and then moved behind a wall to FD
Old 02-14-2020, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

As a Shadow Knight (assuming with no clickies like root nets or stun idols), maybe check to see that the neighboring respawns aren't casters, then run the small train to the corner farthest from and fear each of the aggroed casters, snaring beforehand if mana/hp allows, then feign death ASAP. Depending on your level advantage, it shouldn't matter if they get feared into other mobs; as long as those aren't casters too you'll have a better chance of getting a clean FD off.

Of course, this would mean having (invoke) fear already loaded or blood ember boots on your person, which does seem like a waste of a slot/bagspace, especially in most dungeon zones. But in emergencies, other than bash, fear is the one reliable way for SKs to interrupt casters.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:52 PM
Sarnak

It's really tricky. You have to FD when none of them are casting. Rooting and LoSing takes a couple out of the equation, otherwise it's just luck and timing.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:13 PM
Fire Giant

Just a bit of nuance:

You can flop while a mob is casting dispel since it is not a detrimental spell.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:05 AM
Sarnak

I believe npc need 2 condition to start casting, otherwise they will be running :

- be in range
- have line of sight

They do not need any condition to land the spell however.

So ideally you want to strafe run far enough so none of them are still casting, then flop.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

In that specific situation you're in trouble. Too many to fear any off, and indoor so you probably can't outrun them either. Best hope is to try to LOS some of them but that's very spotty. If you can find some geometry to run over (like a ledge) where the mobs will not follow directly then you're in business. If you had not run, you might've been able to kill 1-2 of the original 5 so you might've been able to feign out.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 02-15-2020 at 03:09 PM..
Closed Thread