Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 11:35 PM
Fire Giant

Default Question about Blue pre-Kunark

Reading some of the "best players ever on P1999" had me thinking about some older EQ memories, so I'd like some clarification on what was occurring on Blue during a specific period of the Box's history.

In the months leading up to Kunark Launch on Blue (I believe June 2011), Fippy Darkpaw released as a successful TLP server for Daybreak. I joined up with a crew named Twisted Legion, who had come from P1999 and (I believe) were a faction of IB that jumped ship. Granted, I had no idea what any of these names meant at the time, nor what P1999 was, so I didn't keep track of who was who.

Does anyone remember what was going on guild wise during Late 2010-Early 2011 that would have led a group of serious neckbeards (and these guys were sweaty as fuck) to switch to a Daybreak server? Were they actually IB? They definitely were knowledgeable of hardcore PvE racing mechanics for the Classic era (rezzing up islands in PoSky sort of stuff) so I wouldn't be surprised if they had been raiding on Blue before switching over to Fippy.

Thanks!
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 09-09-2021, 11:37 PM
Fire Giant

Prob rmt banned or just really wanted to play the craptastic tlps its hard to say
Old 09-10-2021, 02:09 AM
Fire Giant

I was actually part of the original leadership of Twisted Legion, and the core of the guild was indeed mostly raiders from P99. Largely IB, but think there were some DA and other folks as well. I didn't play on the server very long cause I had some RL stuff pop up and just lost interest, so not really sure what happened to them after the first few weeks of launch.
Old 09-10-2021, 02:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was actually part of the original leadership of Twisted Legion, and the core of the guild was indeed mostly raiders from P99. Largely IB, but think there were some DA and other folks as well. I didn't play on the server very long cause I had some RL stuff pop up and just lost interest, so not really sure what happened to them after the first few weeks of launch.
Didn't you play a wizard? I was one of our bards. Joined up after the first Naggy kill.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 09-10-2021, 02:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't you play a wizard? I was one of our bards. Joined up after the first Naggy kill.
Ya, I played a wizard and a ranger iirc, was so long ago. I honestly didn't play a very big role in the guild beyond getting everyone together. I was friends with a lot of people from both of the top p99 guilds having switched from DA to IB around that time, and also had a group of guys I played with on the first live progression server (sleeper). But like I said, I pretty much ghosted after the first couple weeks and have no idea what happened after that.
Old 09-10-2021, 04:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Does anyone remember what was going on guild wise during Late 2010-Early 2011 that would have led a group of serious neckbeards (and these guys were sweaty as fuck) to switch to a Daybreak server?
Stagnant content on P99 fueled some of that exodus. Raiding sky 7 days a week burnt many people out of IB and p99 raiding during this time.

IB had many players who played hard on new content releases and faded after a month or two. Happened with releases of sky, kunark, vp, epics etc.

I think Girth and Starklen were the sweaty as fuck players you may remember.
Old 09-10-2021, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

I was never in IB, but my memory of its activity agrees with what Getsome says above. That guild seemed to operate in bursts of hard activity followed by lulls where they'd get bored and go elsewhere for a time. Eventually they'd return and start the cycle over; they went through at least several waves of it.

Danth
Old 09-10-2021, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

I remember vanilla era on Project 1999 blue.

A ton of out of era mechanics and bugs. Which is why I didn't start playing serious until kunark.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread