Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TBH I'm more excited for Pantheon

I'm gonna go either as a human or dwarf cleric

let's do this
I'll definitely give that a shot as well if/when it launches. If it succeeds in pulling off the Everquest feel while being a bit more modern, I'm all for it. Pretty tight rope to walk though.
Old 09-15-2021, 01:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll definitely give that a shot as well if/when it launches. If it succeeds in pulling off the Everquest feel while being a bit more modern, I'm all for it. Pretty tight rope to walk though.
Pantheon sounds amazing. But I'm not pre-ordering it. Got to wait for the reviews [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But I don't feel like it catches an audience like how New World did

so that's one concern
Old 09-15-2021, 01:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pantheon sounds amazing. But I'm not pre-ordering it. Got to wait for the reviews [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But I don't feel like it catches an audience like how New World did

so that's one concern
Promotion will ramp up as it nears release, but yeah, it will still be a niche kind of game even then
Old 09-22-2021, 02:49 AM
Planar Protector

Anyone else gonna jump into New World on the 28th when it launches? If so, what servers?

I got my brother to give the open beta a try, so if he decides to get the game we'll prob go for one of the west coast servers. If not, I'll likely go for one of the Sea servers that they announced so I don't have to play on 250-300ms.
Old 09-22-2021, 08:18 AM
Banned

no thanks

not into super woke wierd amish culture thx
Old 09-22-2021, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no thanks

not into super woke wierd amish culture thx
can't say we will miss you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2021, 01:26 PM
Banned

I bet after playing NWO for a year u come back here and tell me i'm right about everything

i know dis amazon bl0ck magic
Old 09-22-2021, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone else gonna jump into New World on the 28th when it launches? If so, what servers?

I got my brother to give the open beta a try, so if he decides to get the game we'll prob go for one of the west coast servers. If not, I'll likely go for one of the Sea servers that they announced so I don't have to play on 250-300ms.
I'm intrigued but I haven't been able to find any compelling selling points. I haven't played or watched much though. Can you sell us on this game?
Old 09-22-2021, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bet after playing NWO for a year u come back here and tell me i'm right about everything

i know dis amazon bl0ck magic
No.

You are deranged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm intrigued but I haven't been able to find any compelling selling points. I haven't played or watched much though. Can you sell us on this game?
If you have played games like Shadowbane, Eve, Lineage 2 then you will like the direction of this game because it hearkens back to those games in that it is very much a tri-realm/faction based kind of system, HUB based towns, Housing in the towns, Taxes to pay for war efforts etc. Part of why its so popular. The DAOC shards are all shutting down because of this game.

As a Solo player I like it because I can just do trades, the trades system is extremely rewarding. The Lore is very deep and important.

Either way, it is a very enjoyable "RPG" even without the MMO aspect.

And watching this is not worth doing. You have to play it to experience it, few people complain that at first the combat is a bit choppy but you get use to it because the choppy side of it is just a delay in your attacks for balancing but once you level up your weapons the combat speeds up significantly. Pretty sure you can get a refund through steam if you don't play for longer than 2-3 hours too.
Old 09-22-2021, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Going to give this a spin, also going to do no research and pick what I want to play rather than attempting to min-max.
Closed Thread