Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-16-2021, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All you need is your own central bank then you too can print as much money as you like to never pay back!

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/stud...onetary-theory
this gets a bump. MMT is the thesis by which "The Squad"(tm) and other meme leftists operate.

Let's argue about it.
Old 09-16-2021, 11:28 AM
Banned

how many of u actually own a home, i should make a thread with a poll lol home and price of home u own
Old 09-16-2021, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

I own a home and would like to upgrade to a bigger home in the 600-700k range but I’m coming to the realization I will have to pay 700+ which is why I complain and post in this thread a bunch.
Old 09-16-2021, 02:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I own a home and would like to upgrade to a bigger home in the 600-700k range but I’m coming to the realization I will have to pay 700+ which is why I complain and post in this thread a bunch.
My ma had to line up selling her home with buying a new one (her sis is living with her so she needed more room), and AFTER she accepted an offer on hers, the person selling my ma their home backed out

Apparently they were having a new home built but due to price increases on materials like lumber they ran out of funds, so they couldn’t sell their home anymore since they had no where to move to. Her real estate agent says this has been happening a lot for anyone trying to have a home built. Whatever funds they allocated to build the home is no longer able to cover the costs

It was a bit of a nightmare for her. She sold hers and had to move into mine for a few weeks. I kept telling her that now she is going to settle for the first thing she can find due to the situation but she said she didn’t want to back out of her sale because having cash in hand available to put down on a new home was a better position than doing one of those buys contingent on selling hers. Luckily after a few weeks at mine she found a nice new home, bought it, and I helped her move in these past few weekends

But ya it was kind of a nightmare process. Buying a new car is a nightmare now too I learned (the hard way)
Old 09-16-2021, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-16-2021, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn PEDs are killing me.
Old 09-17-2021, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I paid 385 for my home 2 years ago and its worth over 500k on Zillow which means I can probably sell it for 585 if I wanted with how Texas is right now. 100k a year return on investment so far.

The problem is if I sell I have to buy a super inflated home or move to the boonies.

A 500k house in Texas is also like a 1.5 million dollar home in a lot of the USA
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Last edited by Bardp1999; 09-17-2021 at 12:12 AM..
Old 09-17-2021, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

Let me guess you dont make anywhere near 185k a year because that's how much your dad would have made to afford the same house in his day.
Old 09-17-2021, 01:53 AM
Planar Protector

Owning a large home is perhaps the most overrated aspect of the American Dream. It puts distance between family members, takes a lot to maintain and you will fill the space with shit you don’t need.
Old 09-17-2021, 02:13 AM
Banned

I have no clue how buying houses work

No one taught me this stuff