Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 11:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holy. Shit.

Re-read that to yourself, dude. Better yet, re-read that to the family you've been ignoring. Or a therapist.

Imagine taking a 22-year-old video game this seriously in 2021?

This is the exact sociopathic mindset I talk about. This is the try-hard mindset that allows you, in your mind, to bully others, to consider this YOUR playground, to dictate to others how they need to play the game.

It is a fucking emulated server, man. Get a hold of yourself. When compared to the Olympics, this is like devoting your life to full days of athletic training and performance enhancing drugs to win a game of kickball in elementary school.

I am horrified at the level some of you are playing at and now I totally understand where the raid toxicity comes from.

You're going to be cockblocking everyone from Naggy from your deathbed in 2060 on the Orange 5.0 server or whatever they call that launch when they run out of colors, aren't you?
you seem to be taking is so seriously, your getting mad at people on a 10+ year old

forum for a emulated 20 year old game about elfs killing gods

can't wait to wake up in the morning to see what bullshit you thought up of that

will make p99 "healthy" and get rid of the "neckbeards"

hope that helps
Old 09-16-2021, 06:16 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
imagine thinking discussion on a forum dedicated to shit posting is gonna change anything, hope that helped.
You're not wrong. This discussion has actually raised some serious ideas on how to clean up the raid scene. It's gotten a bit better than just shitposting so maybe we should move this to a more appropriate forum.
Old 09-16-2021, 11:37 AM
Banned

Rogean is heavily against rotations and bag limits (but due to casual players bitching

about it, we have them now)

on green, bag limits will be coming back in a few months (some white dragon is gonna

wake up and cause shit to happen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

then your here bitching to us and begging the devs to make a server that fits your entitled

playstyle so you can enjoy WHAT YOU WANT?

my god, if you want to see dragons so bad, make a eqmeu server and run around or

summon BIS items for your horrible roleplay shovel half elf thingy (cringe)

Your logic:

Devs will listen to me and make a server that has fully rotated content. I'm sure

that players from green and blue will not leave to join it! I'm sure that p99 is 90%

neckbeards that way the rotated servers can be populated!

WRONG

Take all the sheep out and you have are wolves. They're gonna eat each other once there

are no sheep and the server will die.

GMs are already having to keep up with the bullshit on this server aka petitionquest

let alone manage a rotation between a billion guilds who all want in a rotation

oh and one more thing

sorry your bad at this game
hope this helps
Old 09-16-2021, 12:17 PM
Kobold

I totally agree with Yendorlootmonkey in this thread.

All these crazies in favour of "competition". Competitively calling in sick from work or competitively dropping playtime with the family because a mob spawned. Competitively pissing in a bucket so they can keep competitively clicking a button for hours on end.

I want to play PvE and experience the content but the content is not available if I don't join the zerg brigade.

My classic experience was our guild would rally for Nagafen. Wipe, CR, wipe, CR and get it on the 3rd or 4th try (or go home).

Can't happen here. On this server the dragons are dead because Team 600Members logged in and killed them 2 minutes after spawning.

If this was how "competition" worked then real life sports would not have scheduled kick off times and your team would be 1-0 down from the kickoff because the other team got to the stadium before yours did.

But it's not like that because that's not how competition works, except in P99 retarded raid scene.
Old 09-16-2021, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polixa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

All these crazies in favour of "competition". Competitively calling in sick from work or competitively dropping playtime with the family because a mob spawned. Competitively pissing in a bucket so they can keep competitively clicking a button for hours on end.

I want to play PvE and experience the content but the content is not available if I don't join the zerg brigade.

My classic experience was our guild would rally for Nagafen. Wipe, CR, wipe, CR and get it on the 3rd or 4th try (or go home).

Can't happen here. On this server the dragons are dead because Team 600Members logged in and killed them 2 minutes after spawning.

If this was how "competition" worked then real life sports would not have scheduled kick off times and your team would be 1-0 down from the kickoff because the other team got to the stadium before yours did.

But it's not like that because that's not how competition works, except in P99 retarded raid scene.
git gud
Old 09-16-2021, 12:23 PM
Banned

competition was red1.0

it will be red2.0 with no stupid rules about training and no exploss from merbs so ppl can just get it out of their system and work it out
Old 09-16-2021, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
git gud
An eloquent summation of the entirety of the argument against rotations.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-16-2021, 12:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
git gud
Git
Old 09-16-2021, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polixa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Three options that I see.

1. Maintain honor, destroy the top guilds and absorb their brain trust. Just like the USA did after WW2.

2. Complain on forums, join their guilds and keep your head tucked down in shame, content with your place as a 'Warm Body'.

3. Don't raid. Who cares about BIS unless its a personal goal to have it. It is not required for anything other than your personal sense of l33t. This game starts you with nothing. You can leave it with nothing much at all and still have had a good time.
Raiding, raid mentality is not EQ. Its part of EQ. Of course in later expansions that became the focus, EQ died in its sleep.
Old 09-16-2021, 01:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3. Don't raid. Who cares about BIS unless its a personal goal to have it. It is not required for anything other than your personal sense of l33t. This game starts you with nothing. You can leave it with nothing much at all and still have had a good time.
Raiding, raid mentality is not EQ. Its part of EQ. Of course in later expansions that became the focus, EQ died in its sleep.
I don't raid and yet I would still like to see a more casual server with rotations.

It's not just about raiding or even end-game content.

It's because the greedy, anti-social, competitive attitude of some has an influence on the whole server. It's why you see such ridiculous prices in Green's EC (people selling Conch Shell Horns for 2k is just one example). It's why the server is a ghost-land in many zones.

I'm still enjoying myself and avoiding the BS - but if there is another active server out there that is time-locked at Velious, has all classic zones, and doesn't allow boxing or RMT (although that is debatable here), please let me know...
Closed Thread