Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2021, 08:12 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Juantwo-> Monk-> Blue

Hello, Long story short I was at this pained soul camp for over 30 hours with no issues until I had to go to the bathroom. I killed my PH and others all around, bodies could be seen. I go and took longer than I wanted. I come back and see in my chat box that Pained soul had been there and Someone named Taimor had took him. No tells asking if i was there and it was confirmed he had been there ABOUT a minute, no clue if it was more or less.
Is this ok??? I can't control having to go to the bathroom. I have /petitioned in full disclosure and was confirmed who did kill it and I was told he was in the right.
I am not trying to be a pain, sincerely. May I ask for a second onion? Does this post from Menden not account for all non raid mobs?i realize PS is not listed on here but they were talking about similar non-raid camps. How can I tell what is ok when it comes to matters such as these?
Posted from MENDEN:
Players can absolutely go AFK while camping SF, but they must engage within a reasonable amount of time. I would say 5ish minutes for this encounter. This mob is soloable so no real force is needed. With that, if Player A was camping SF, SF pops, Player A is throwing some buffs on and it takes 5 minutes and 10 seconds to do this(plus med time), I wouldn't advise Player B to attack SF, that'd be a douche move. If SF pops and Player A attacks SF and obviously kiting(delaying), then use your best judgement. But if you are going to step in and nab someone's SFs, there's always a chance you will be suspended so don't cry to me, be damn well sure you are in the right because if that kiting player is trying to slow/snare/gain mana/whatever and you use this post as an excuse to attack SF, I will come down on you hard.
Old 08-09-2021, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

Leaving PS up for a full minute without moving on it probably would be considered a reasonable amount of time to take it for most players. Most people run a timer on the spawn and would likely hit the bathroom right after killing a place holder and make it quick in case of the PS spawning next. Its a 6.5 minute spawn timer, leaving it sitting up for a whole minute is a pretty big afk on such a camp.

Should he have sent a tell? Maybe but there's no rule as far as I know that he must. And if you were AFK a tell wouldn't have made a ton of difference.
Old 08-09-2021, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

Consider pooping in a sock, hope that helps.
Old 08-09-2021, 11:16 PM
Aviak

The onus is going to be on you to make a case. Check your logs to see how long PS would have been up before you returned. A "reasonable" amount of time is going to be between you and the guides but you'll need proof to make any good argument, and since it's already been reviewed you may be SOL.

Also you can get a 6 pack of socks on amazon for like 10 bucks and you can even set it to auto deliver every month so you'll never have this problem again.
Old 08-10-2021, 11:37 AM
Server Guide

Quote:
Does this post from Menden not account for all non raid mobs
It does not. Menden even says "for this encounter" in his post.
Old 08-10-2021, 11:58 AM
Fire Giant

Sorry that really sucks..the camp is so boring too ugh. Good luck mr, hope next one spawns faster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-10-2021, 12:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savazuul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does not. Menden even says "for this encounter" in his post.
It's rulings like this that make this server real hard to play on at times. It wouldn't be hard to have a blanket rule that encompasses camps from SF to PS and everything in between instead of having every single mob that drops anything of value having a different rule.
Old 08-10-2021, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's rulings like this that make this server real hard to play on at times. It wouldn't be hard to have a blanket rule that encompasses camps from SF to PS and everything in between instead of having every single mob that drops anything of value having a different rule.
PS is a difficult one to have enforced, as too many people try to AFK camp it as is.

Feel for you OP, i'll never camp PS. VP Key MQ's ftw =)
Old 08-10-2021, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PS is a difficult one to have enforced, as too many people try to AFK camp it as is.

Feel for you OP, i'll never camp PS. VP Key MQ's ftw =)
It's not hard to enforce at all they just have to make a universal rule. CSR could easily make a rule saying the person camping has 1 minute exclusive rights to the mob, if you come upon a mob that's up and the person is afk you wait 1 min, then you can kill it. The afk person can then petition to their hearts content and the GM can easily say sorry you were afk for more than a minute after spawn and point to the rule and the conversation is over.
Old 08-10-2021, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

i recommend eating more vegetables so you can take a shit in under 5 minutes