Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-13-2021, 03:19 AM
CancerMage CancerMage is offline
Scrawny Gnoll

CancerMage's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 24
Default What have we not thought of

What do you guys think we can ask the staff for next to help even the playing field. I have ran out of things to try to get us who don't have the time or will to out into socking 16 hour windows. I just can't justify that kind of time and effort investment into p99. There has got to be something that staff will find reasonable to change to hamper the poop socking guild from being able to take all the content away from normal players.

Any thoughts would be very helpful. I'm fresh out.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-13-2021, 06:38 AM
plzrelax plzrelax is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 78
Default

PvP enabled in raid zones
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-13-2021, 08:18 AM
YendorLootmonkey YendorLootmonkey is offline
Planar Protector

YendorLootmonkey's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Surefall Glade
Posts: 2,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerMage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you guys think we can ask the staff for next to help even the playing field. I have ran out of things to try to get us who don't have the time or will to out into socking 16 hour windows. I just can't justify that kind of time and effort investment into p99. There has got to be something that staff will find reasonable to change to hamper the poop socking guild from being able to take all the content away from normal players.

Any thoughts would be very helpful. I'm fresh out.
The answer is simple. On the next iteration of classic servers to start up, instead of Green and Teal, you could have Purple and Mauve:

Purple: Ultra Sweaty Hardcore Neckbeard Competitive Server -- maybe even PVP enabled for true competition that the hardcore neckbeards keep saying they crave.

Mauve: Casual Server -- raid content rotated, strict rules in place for guilds being added to the rotation to make sure the same hardcore autists who have ruined the fun for casual players on P99 for the last 12 FUCKING YEARS don't continue doing so by just flooding the rotation with guilds of alts.

The only reasons ANYONE would have problems with this I can think of:
1) The neckbeards actually don't want to compete against any other guild designed to compete at their level.
2) The neckbeards literally cannot function without the validation from casual guilds while lording their pixels over them in EC tunnel.
3) It would kill the demand for some sort of RMT still going on behind the scenes that GMs haven't shut down yet that people are using to pay rent which is why it's always seemingly absolutely critical to have one guild dominating the content on the server.

Finally, Live classic servers that had GM-enforced rotations would be represented in this museum of nostalgia, and everyone will be happy and can play the way that was fun for them back in '99-'01.

I wonder how the population would skew.
__________________
Another witty, informative, and/or retarded post by:

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-13-2021, 08:37 AM
starkind starkind is offline
Planar Protector

starkind's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 2,781
Default

Reduce channeling.

Re-normalize dodge/parry/riposte to pre planar levels. Rogues for starters should be getting missed a lot more below lvl 50. Enough to avoid 8 attacks in a row occasionally. AC mitigation would need to be reworked and individual mobs would need to be retuned across the entire game though. So don't worry.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-13-2021, 08:41 AM
starkind starkind is offline
Planar Protector

starkind's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 2,781
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reduce channeling.

Re-normalize dodge/parry/riposte to pre planar levels. Rogues for starters should be getting missed a lot more below lvl 50. Enough to avoid 8 attacks in a row occasionally. AC mitigation would need to be reworked and individual mobs would need to be retuned across the entire game though. So don't worry.

This would just make dmg more spikey across the board. Ac slightly more meaningful but less effective. And avoidance skills would see bigger gains sub 100 skill. Riposte would become worth training. And mobs would chew up dps from the front a little more too.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-13-2021, 08:47 AM
Fammaden Fammaden is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,104
Default

Disable seven day respawns, quake once per week.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-13-2021, 09:33 AM
RevSaber RevSaber is offline
Banned


Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 76
Default

Root the mobs and have gm forced rotation and list camps.... Oh wait.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-13-2021, 09:42 AM
pink grapefruit pink grapefruit is offline
Fire Giant

pink grapefruit's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 659
Smile

Strict GM-enforced roleplay.

I want this lol
__________________
pvp 2.0 pls
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-13-2021, 09:48 AM
starkind starkind is offline
Planar Protector

starkind's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 2,781
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Strict GM-enforced roleplay.

I want this lol
There was an mmo that did this. The drama was intense.

http://www.planeshift.it/

No idea if their old forums are archived. Ppl probably killed eachother irl over getting banned.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-13-2021, 09:56 AM
pink grapefruit pink grapefruit is offline
Fire Giant

pink grapefruit's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 659
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was an mmo that did this. The drama was intense.

http://www.planeshift.it/

No idea if their old forums are archived. Ppl probably killed eachother irl over getting banned.
Oh that is downright lovely ☺️

Glad someone had the guts to do the right thing. We need this in P99 now!
__________________
pvp 2.0 pls
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:58 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.