Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 05:53 AM
Aviak

Default Hi i'm new

I'm new to P99 i'm not new to everquest i started playing when i was 8 but by then POP had came out and i had family established in the game... so i don't know were to go to get starting items i made a human ranger and got droped somewere in qeynos i was never that good at finding my way around that city i don't know how to get started on my own so any help that i could get would be nice.... also i would like the orginal UI or velious what ever is supported but the only link i found on the guide links to project1999.org and it wont load
Old 04-04-2015, 09:49 PM
Large Bat

Look up "vert ui" on the forums, that's the one I use and I like it a lot.

The project 1999 wiki has really great maps on it now. Everyone on this server navigates between sense heading, /loc and those maps. Tip: bind action slots to the same buttons as your L/R movement and put sense heading there to level it. It takes FOREVER to get it started.

Starting items are hard. The easiest way would be to farm bone chips to sell for about 10 plat per stack, and buy some.

And lastly, learn to use punctuation my friend [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-05-2015, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome! Honestly your best bet is to not play a hybrid. They're a pain in the butt as a first chatacter with the huge xp penalty, and relying heavily on gear. Personally I'd roll a hybrid after Velious when the xp penalty is removed, and you can afford to gear it nicely.

I'd also consider starting in the Freeport area. Folks give out free items in the tunnel to noobs sometimes. You won't be able to obtain any decent items otherwise. Just focus on xp though. Xp > All.

Pure casters are always great first characters too because they don't need to rely on gear. Can potentially level a caster 1-50 completely naked. Make sure you use tunnel buffs 1-20 to make up for lack of gear as well. Happy hunting man!
Closed Thread