Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's using overdrive and a tad of reverb so it's not 100% clean
You're dumb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't really like Primus
You're dumb.
Quote:
cause his technique is no different than Bootsy Collins
You're hella dumb.

Les Claypool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAkvBqp8R8E

Bootsy Collins:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T62XibPMlXw

These are the most similar songs I could think of with Boots and Les. Similar only in the fact that they are unique and genius masters of the craft.

This is mostly shown in the fact that Bootsy has a high respect for the pentatonic scale, whereas Les makes up his own scales. The perfect dichotomy of mad genius who stays within the lines without seeming like it and the mad genius who asks "what lines?" while sounding like he is doing something that is actually structured.

Oh, and you're dumb.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone who isn't at work get a picture of two dudes scissoring and label them Hasbinbad and Abacab?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewce [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I lol'd hard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to CPTMULLER

Quote:
Adding to that tone is EVERYTHING!

Geddy Lee has a specific tone he uses, so does Flea, Cliff Burton, Sheehan, Entwisle... You get the point, every bassist has a specific tone they aim for to meld with the music. I couldn't just plug in a ODB-3 and crank out metallic tones or an octave phaser and have it blend well with the tonality of my band mates cause it would contrast too much
Cliff doesn't use anything these days, lets be fair here.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTMULLER [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cliff doesn't use anything these days, lets be fair here.

My older sister still has the ticket from the Master of Puppets tour that was canceled.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to CPTMULLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My older sister still has the ticket from the Master of Puppets tour that was canceled.
that would suck
Old 05-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That's horrible [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-06-2010, 01:50 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewce [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

OH man some thing cant be unseen LOL

(ninja quoted from New Punctuation Marks for Grammar Nerds)
Old 05-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
I believe I've made a grave error! No, not quitting the game, but correcting your wrong assertion that I'm terribad at bass, but I'll go ahead and feed you.

http://www.myspace.com/jimmysjunkfolder

That is some of my solo work, next time you're on the space shoot me an invite and add the songs to your profile

http://www.myspace.com/tunguska317

This was a band I was in for quite sometime, before I lost time and couldn't keep up with weekly shows at the Melody Inn, Casa De Kotex, and Emerson.

Now if you have any material I'd be glad to listen cause you know where to find me in the mumbles channel but other than that peace out!

Oh btw

Recorded using a Greenamp KT-88 and a 4x10 Sunn(((O cabinet and SVT-4 is still superior because I can dial in my tones through switchboards and the SVT-4 has a higher sound output and fuzz factor than most other amps in it's league.

anyways later
Sunn(((o cabinet? I think thats a band, I think you mean SUNN, which is a cabinet company.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intricus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
....allow me to bring some rant and flame into this anyway..........

Why is nobody calling this guy out for giving up on this game beacuse he can't handle it? He obviously is just frustrated and is...what is that trendy internet symbol for crying? Oh yeah...He's QQ'ing beacuse he died in Plane of Fear, and can't retrieve his corpse. I mean anyone under level 50 without a recognizable name goes and makes a WHINEY post like his, they get eaten alive. One guy is even considering doing the same as him?? Unbelievable.

Oh yea, and judging by that "I can't stand 90% of you" part of his post at the end, this guy sounds like a complete TOOL. Why does he even have any friends? Ah well, I'm sure he'll be able to tolerate more than 10% of the players on WoW....seems like that's more of a fitting game for him.
Kinda like crying about a death then LYING about being trained OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!!OMG!!!

STFU you nerd.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sunn(((o cabinet? I think thats a band, I think you mean SUNN, which is a cabinet company.
It's actually "Sunn O)))"

JUST SAYIN'