Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 09:13 AM
Fire Giant

Default Iron Bound Tome procs Cancel magic on target, not wielder

http://wiki.project1999.com/Iron_Bound_Tome

This item just started proccing on my monk at level 32 (didn't test the last 2 dings before). But to my dismay, it procs dispel on the target - I had gotten it to get rid of slows / dots on myself, as it worked on live / classic. Please refer to the below link for proof.
The Iron Bound Tome cancel magic effect should be on the wielder, not on the target.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3573

This item
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sslythy on Oct 16 2001 at 9:30 AM
Some others have said this but I'll recap.
The effect is actually not triggered, but is a melee proc, and it will cancel magic on the wielder, not the mob that you're fighting.

One time I had "Strong Disease" on me. It literally lasted for 3 real time hours, maybe longer but I eventually had a friend cure it for me. This might be a nice easy way to get rid of unwanted spells effects on you, go kill some greenies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevis on Aug 19 2001 at 10:30 PM
It IS dropped in Omen...I got mine this morning off the Advisor Sh'Orok in the Sarnak fort. It might also be in SolA too...i can't verify that since i have never been there.

Not a bad weapon...the stats are decent for the level needed to obtain this item. Although, i am having problems with the effect. It is not triggered like the post says. It procs when meleeing. Unfortunately, it dispelled me instead of the target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkerie on Jan 09 2002 at 4:35 AM
Well it's meant for a quest..not to actually weild in battle. Yes it disspells you and not the mob as I just found out shortly after looting it thinking it was an 00ber drop. I was disappointed needless to say. As far as it not being a bad weapon....heh what are you comparing it to? I've seen rusty w/ better dmg/dly and no one wants to be debuffed LOL. So no you're not doing anything wrong. "It's working as intended" =).
More proof can be found in the comments.

Please fix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-04-2016, 02:41 PM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update
Old 02-04-2016, 02:47 PM
Fire Giant

Edit: haha - sorry - you beat me to it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That was a quick fix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Looking forward to curing my being slowed on the little monk!

Thanks a ton!
Last edited by DoucLangur; 02-04-2016 at 02:51 PM..
Closed Thread